Why am I still here

The same reason I’m hear. I can’t work, I’m a severe diabetic, I’ve lost, not one, but both of my legs. I’m in a wheelchair, I’m sick so much that my kids left me. I’m with my common law husband of 10 years and taking care of me is taking a toll on him. I don’t want to be a burden to anyone. I hear what he says under his breath. I lost my mother, I’m always in and out of the hospital. I’m usually in the hospital when it’s time to celebrate a holiday or special party for a friend or family member. I have no friends and no one to talk to. I’m so lonely, so I talk to God. I still have more surgeries to go through and I’m fighting for my life. I suffer from pain and anxiety. We’re here to praise HIM, even through the storm. We are strong only through HIM. The only thing that matters is that you’re better tomorrow than you were today. And talk to God. He’s always there and always listening. I might not look like much and I don’t own anything, but I’m a beautiful person and I can still make someone else smile. That’s what God wants us to do, lift each other up to HIM. Don’t let this world get you down. We’re strangers, we are aliens, we are not of this world. We’re only passing through. You’re smarter than you think. You don’t need to have a piece of paper to tell you that you’re smart. Look into adult education and get your GED. You can even go to college. My grandmother was 75 when she graduated from college. Age doesn’t matter. I wish I could be there with you. You’re so loved my sister in Christ.

Are you having suicidal thoughts

Go back to school! Its not too late! I dropped out of school in the ninth grade and went back and got my GED, then went back and got my HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA.
There are all kinds of possibilities out there, you just have to love yourself first and determination! One thing that also helped me and I swear by it! Hypnosis tapes, CD’s ! You can listen to them when you are sleeping! That is why I am me! I don’t care what others think of me, if some calls me a BITCH… I just smile at them and say THANK YOU! I WORKED HARD FOR THAT

BabyGirl33, I’m so sorry you’re feeling so incapable and unworthy. Treatment resistant depression has been an unwelcome tag-along throughout my life. I’ve shared your sense of bewilderment as far as, “Why in the world am I still here?” “What can God possibly do with me?”
Most times I have no direct answer.
I can say that I woke up this morning and attempted to breathe, and it worked. So apparently God still has a plan and a purpose for my life. At such times I earnestly (maybe even desperately) look for it. I’ll usually find myself in a situation where I’m giving my time and assistance to someone in a more difficult place. No, that doesn’t make things all hunky dory. It does however, assure me that I’m part of a plan that’s bigger than me.
Peace
~Cindy

Dear 1234; I call those difficult situations you describe, “Romans 8:28 disasters” because He DOES always use them to bring about or usher in something good, inspiring, reviving, enriching… Twice even life saving.
Peace,
Cindy

Same.

Maybe you could bring your husband to work so that you can have use of the car during the day. My son and I have the same arrangement. He is a college student, and on days when I need the car I bring him to class.

Hello everyone I just joined. I’m happy to be on this site. I take my meds. Daily but lately I’m feeling like I need more time in the day… that’s something new. My days are busy but it seems like I dont have enough time.

You’re here for a reason, God has a purpose for you. Your will survive it’s never to late to start learning to read. You are a winning !

I too struggle everyday i have 3 kids my oldest son turns 25 tomorrow which is also my moms birthday . . she passed away in 2005 then i had another son on april 19 of 2006 then a daughter exactly 2 years later also on April 19 in 2008 my oldest son has been pushing me away since 2014 when i lost custody of his little brother he has been influenced by his brothers dad and his family to believe that i am not a fit mother and has been told so many lies about me i tried to commit suicide after my boys were taken and turned against me somehow i survived and been struggling to regain their trust and loving bond i once had with them and then the most unthinkable tragedy happened my younger son was killed in a car wreck on june 13 2018 its been almost a year he would have turned 13 last month now i am trying to appear “ok” for the sake of my little girl who just turned 11 i have been on medications and in therapy for years i started these in 2010 after a house fire that left us with NOTHING the kids were 16, 4, and 2 we lost everything i sufferred from severe smoke inhilation while getting my kids out of the house as we were sleeping when the fire started it damaged 73 % of my lungs i have major depression, ptsd, intermittent explosive disorder, adjustment disorder, anxiety, ocd, copd, and heart problems, had congestive heart failure in 2015 and have insomnia, and other chronic pain from a car wreck when i was only 6 i have sciatic nerve damage and severe migraines WHY AM I STILL HERE?

Please remove naproxen from my packs

Please young lady you are wanted by the world. There is a reason for all of us to be here in this space and time. We all have something give to each other. Take the time to stop and look at the beauty of the world we all share. There are days when I stop and just pause to look at the wonders of nature. It is an awesome sight! Please talk to some one you feel comfortable with you will find that you are not alone. We all are struggling to find the path to peace within.

Also, I too dropped out of school because of the maddening distractions and of a completely dysfunctional family. However, when I dropped out, I had already made my mind up that I was going to get my GED and go to the college. I did both. Never let yourself stand in the way of your goals in this life.

Hi my name is Nancy. I say those same words to myself, ‘Why am i still here’ i have multiple autoimmune diseases which aren’t curable and are only going to get worse… I have pain twenty four seven and no one around who understands or cares, i beat Cancer in 2012 and i always wonder why… It could have been over then… I don’t know what to think anymore… But you and i must be here for some reason, we just have to figure out what… I feel your frustration… Hugs, if you need a friend , i am here… ❤❤

I have been stuck in a bad situation for 8 years, battling depression and illness and i haven’t been outside to just enjoy myself… I don’t know what to do anymore…i am just frustrated with my life… Alone and frustrated… Hugs