Whom do you listen to?

I recently went to my primary care physician (whom I don’t like), ordered me to take the fad drug Trulicity. When I told her I would rather have the Endo make that choice, she got mad and prescribed it with out my authorization.

I called the Endo who heard my concerns and asked me to wait until I see her next (April).

Called primary who got hot and told me to take it.

What should I do.

4 Likes

Look for another dr. One who is willing to listen to you and your concerns.

12 Likes

Listen to your Endo.

6 Likes

Thank, this is what I thought.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is what I am doing considering the primary does not know even what type of diabetes I have.

2 Likes

Wow ready to change myself. Mine just wants to hand out pills dont seam to really listen and it takes forever to get in and see him cause he is always over booked and seams to play around with the staff to much. Got better care at the urgent care then from my own dr. Good luck to you

4 Likes

Most internal doctors would send you to an Endo for diabetes issues. It seem that your doctor doesn’t want to listen to his patients.

4 Likes

If your doctor works for a large hospital system, they want the doctors to spend less time with the patients and bring in more money. My doctor broke away from a large hospital system, now he’s more relaxed and has more time with his patients.

5 Likes

Listen to your heart AND your body, you know you better than anyone

6 Likes
  1. I would have one more appointment with my doctor explaining your concerns. If they don’t want to consider medical advice from ENDO then find a new Family Practitioner.

2. Regarding “trulicity”, I have been in it for a couple of years without issue keeping my Blood Sugar regular and safe.

4 Likes

Who is following you for your condition?

3 Likes

Do you know if it causes problems the longer you take it?

2 Likes

I guess both now. I have been seeing the endo for over 5 years and the PCP once.

3 Likes

It, like every RX we ever see advertised have Side Effects. I watched a commercial the other day that said a possible side effect was Leukemia. That means that one person in the study might have acquired during the RX Trials. I have read a lot of the formal pamphlets finding again a lot of possibilities but after all the studies and FDA approval you have to trust someone sometimes.

As stated previously, my success is possible with Trulicity and other Diabetes related meds.

I have taken Prilosec (Omeprazole) for almost 30 with no side effects. At that time it was relatively new and nothing else was controlling my Reflux. At that time there were believed side effects of cancer in rats. Needless to say as I live and breath it has not hurt me.

At the end of the day we are responsible for our own health using the tools available to them.

Hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thank you, how long have you been on the drugs?

After doing research on Metform, the first drug, long term use causes heart problems, neuropathy and vision problems.

This happened to me, yet most doctors still prescribe it with out question. With my Endocrinologist’s approval it has been stopped. My BP is normal, my cholesterol is normal, the pain in my foot is better because these are the long term side efects.

While I always agree using drugs for short term use is fine, but all are problems the longer you take it.

There not enough research showing if Truisty doesn’t do the same.

Include that an the fact I take two other injectables already, is it safe with these other drugs or should there be more concern.

Thanks

3 Likes

My Family Practitioner and ENDO who seem to be in sync with my treatment.

3 Likes

No. I doubt that anyone has any data 10/20 years from now. We are the Beta testers.

4 Likes

This is what I thought. Thank you.

3 Likes

Follow the advice of your Endo.

5 Likes

Tuff choice, but since your Endo specializes in this area, I would lean that way.
Your PCP should be including your Endo in changing how you deal with what you have going on, its a TEAM effort.
Tell your PCP to share it with your Endo and if they refuse then it’s new PCP time, because they want a one man show and feel like you doubt them. Just tell your PCP look your a doctor whereas so is your Endo, but they specialize in the areas regarding diabetes.

4 Likes