What's your favorite heart-healthy recipe?

Breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, snacks—share your favorite heart-healthy recipes (or cooking secrets) here!

6 Likes

Sloppy joes

4 Likes

Imitation crab stir fry with no rice or noodles. Ready and 15 minutes if you’re in efficient chopper. Cleans out the veggie drawer.

5 Likes

Oven roasted rainbow trout (seasoned with a bit of curry powder, garlic and black pepper), Steamed broccoli with olive oil and a big garden salad.

7 Likes

Banana Almond-butter pancakes. Three eggs, three bananas, and 1/2 cup of almond butter. Mix well and then cook on the stove or griddle like pancakes.

10 Likes

Sloppy Joe’s sound great! I’ve seen recipes using cauliflower instead of ground beef, which is quite creative! What healthy ingredients do you like to use in your recipe?

6 Likes

Crack Slaw.
So yummy, & keto!

Bagged coke slaw and ground beef are the bases of most recipes… google to find the version you like best!

3 Likes

Kale Salad with lemon-honey dressing, dates and pecans.
Wash the kale. Cut the leaves off of the stem. Massage the kale to soften it up (I realize this may sound odd, but kale is tough).
Cut up dates. Toast pecans being careful not to burn them. (You can use a different nut if you like, but I prefer pecans.)
Make the dressing in your bowl by mixing honey and lemon juice to taste.
Toss it all together. Figure out the correct proportions.

5 Likes

(Warning: lots of parentheses. My mind is wandering and adding lots of comments as it goes.)

One upside of living alone is that preparing something from the directions on the package (“serves 4”? Fine, four servings for me!) often provides a good amount of leftovers to use in various ways. I’ve never been much of a cook and I’m still not, but I can make a decent hot breakfast. I have two go-tos, each with lots of variations.

1. Scrambled eggs with… Well, I have several kinds of shredded cheese that I get at the supermarket, usually Trader Joe’s. Other mix-ins can include rice, quinoa, sweet peppers, caramelized chopped onion, chopped salad greens (with a bunch of arugula or baby lettuce in one hand and scissors in the other, I can quickly produce many small pieces that mix in well), sliced deli meat cut up the same way, cut-up small broccoli or Brussels sprouts, slices of sausage, … I could go on for pages.

2. My other base of variations for a nourishing hot breakfast is instant oatmeal, which I buy in boxes of one-serving packets, often in various flavors; again, Trader Joe’s has a number of kinds. Stir in half a cup of water, then…raisins, chopped greens, chopped fruit (blue-, black-, and raspberries don’t need chopping) are all good. Some of these are also good to add after microwaving. Some of the cereal add-ins work well here too. Frequently I crack in an egg or two, either stirring in or leaving to cook whole (does that make it poached?).

Happy eating! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

4 Likes

Those pancakes must be yummy! Gonna try 'em out soon. 😊

3 Likes

My favorite dinner is Ketoized! If that’s a word! Ha! But I’ll do chicken, either from rotisserie, baked, boiled or however you like it. But I usually dice mine from raw, so it in the saute pan along with either olive oil or butter, sliced green peppers, mushrooms, squash, and onions. Saute all together, cover to tenderize. Season to taste and talk about delishious!! Eat as much as you like… Just don’t over do! Very low call, extremely low carbs and healthy!
Thank you for taking time to read! ☺️

5 Likes

Breakfast and oatmeal for clorestoral Use 3 minute oats pour in bowl how much I want cover with water pinch of salt microwave 3 minutes then add brown sugar milk butter Yum . Cheaper then instant and better for you.

4 Likes

My favorite heart healthy meal is meatloaf potatoesandgravy cornbread pumpkin pie

2 Likes

Oatmeal with berries and creamer. Make the oatmeal (not the packets, they have too much sugar in them) add any type of berries (I love organic strawberries and blueberries when they are in season) and 3 tablespoons of any creamer (I like caramel macchiato). If you make the oatmeal from scratch even adding the creamer will keep your carbs in the right range. I enjoy this breakfast on the weekends.

4 Likes

Egg whites, mushrooms Turkey and tomato omelette.

1 Like

Bacon covered brussel sprouts with parmesan is my favorite stack baked my mom makes up for me that’s really good

2 Likes

My favorite recipe is oatmeal, I put in chia seeds, hemp hearts, berries and whatever else I have in my pantry

3 Likes

I learned a new way to prepare a Rotisserie Whole
Chicken. Simple and Healthy. Takes about 4 hours in a crockpot. Just rinse off your chicken lightly rubbing
Olive oil inside and outside
Put into your crockpot and season with seasonings put on low and cook for 2-2 1/2
Hours. Then take about 1/2 can of chicken broth baste your chicken. Wala enjoy.

7 Likes

Hello everyone I’m new. My daughter told me about this app looks good so far!

5 Likes

Smothered Baked Chicken with Spinach Salad

3 Likes