What did I do to deserve this?

No matter what I do it is not good enough for anyone from childhood thru present.
I am only one person, I don’t know what to do to get the approval of my family and people who say they are my friends but none of them act like I’m alive.
Ever since I was diagnosed with the unseen illnesses I have had to try hard to keep up with everyone but sooner than later they quit contacting me to do anything.
Question is are we as people that one sided that someone with unseen illnesses are are subjected to, ridacual, and judgement because others don’t understand how you look fine but can’t do things you used to which depesses those of us who are suffering on the inside.
I will not subject those of you who are reading this and wandering what I have been dealing with for all my life so I will just stop here. Just remember it is not our place to judge, I have been asked how I can see the silver lining in everything with everything I have and am going through.
I will stop now, God Bless you and yours.

14 Likes

May God Bless you with lots of Love & Happiness!!!

4 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes

Your very welcome

2 Likes

Learn to love yourself the way you are . Maybe you need to find some new friends.

8 Likes

I totally understand what you are going through. I’m not sure what your unseen illness is. But God Bless you

5 Likes

I have been trying to find new friends to no avail. I will be sent new true long time friends all in good time. Once I make a friend I am the truest friend a person can have. Wish everyone could be the same.

6 Likes

Thanks so much

3 Likes

Delicate self,

At the table I am ”ok”.

You look to me for a happy response or simple reply to ”how are you doing?”.

I was taught not to lie, but I know if I say my thoughts or express my pain my words will not reach you.

You’ll selfishly go through motions asking what you can do.

When I say that “there is nothing.”
you go on talking, Ignoring my health.

So just because I spoke I am no longer myself.

,Pots and hedgehogs

This is my experience whenever I am around my family.

I get it.

6 Likes

Friends and family sit there and say you are rude if you don’t sit and listen to everything they have to say yet they see nothing wrong with getting up and walking around leaving the room or just plain interrupting when you have been asked how you are doing today.
So I just say okay because I have learned no one really cares how I feel, updated information on the tests I had to endure.
I really hate it when they just sit there and play, or text on their phones or you see their eyes glaze over because someone or something has their attention. That’s when I say why ask if you don’t want to know or care about what I have to say.

8 Likes

Praying for you! ♥️♥️♥️

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Most of us with unseen illness has experienced this and have learned to deal with it and seek out others in similar circumstances to bond with/ lean on. The normal world don’t get it and never will until they are in your shoes… Hang in there!! We understand!!!

4 Likes

Thanks so much. I have been " dealing" as you put it but just can’t seem to find any other to bond a lean on. Every time I try and let someone in I get stepped on an rejected.
Not to worry this to shall pass.
My smile is always on, no one really knows how much I hurt nor will they.

3 Likes

I totally get it. I feel the same way. At least, unfortunately, my wife also suffers from an invisible illness in what we think is psoriatic arthritis and nerve damage in her hips from vaginal mesh!! So we confide in each other.

2 Likes

You both are lucky to have each other.
My husband and I are very close however I have been afflicted with Degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis from head to toe, obstructive sleep apnea, vocal cord disfungtion, costoconditis, nerve damage in both my arms and hands, and Fibromyalgia which seems to be getting worse, (makes all my pain 10 times worse than it should be. The pain never goes away.) I tell him every thing. I just want a friend who understands and do things with. My husband and I would like to like to be friends with another couple to do things with. Hubby and I have different, and the same issues.
God Bless you and your family.
Everyone needs to be able to take to someone on the outside of the house with fresh eyes. Lol

5 Likes

I understand totally. I’m going through the same thing. No one contacts me or comes around anymore. I feel as though they think I’m luring about how I feel because like you I don’t look like I have anything wrong. All I can is hang in there and do what’s best for you. God bless you.

2 Likes

I get you. Look up “The spoon theory” All of us here experience this very thing. I don’t know why people don’t understand that illnesses are not always seen.

1 Like

There are many unseen illnesses and injuries. Even when one has the scars from treatment, those are not always visible. Those in your life that are dismissive of your illness are not your real friends. Sometimes we are put in the painful situation of losing those that are not true friends in order to create room for true friends. These are the people who will empathize with what you are going through and support you.

4 Likes

I agree with you, I just want to know where and when these true friends are to be found. I am still looking
Here ye here ye, I have several openings for true friends any takers. Lol
Make me your friend and you get the best and truest friend you ever have. Just saying

2 Likes