Welcome to the Pain Community ๐Ÿ˜Š

Discuss chronic pain and pain management.

Welcome! This is a place to introduce yourself and meet others in the Pain Community.

51 Likes

Hello

13 Likes

Ty for the welcome

9 Likes

Hello and welcome! Weโ€™re so glad you have joined us.

Please feel free to share a bit about yourself and let the Community know how they can help anytime.

โ€”Ivy
Community Manager

15 Likes

Weโ€™re happy to have you here, Laurie!

Iโ€™m here to help if you have any questions about navigating the Community or posting and sharing here.

I look forward to seeing you grow with us!

โ€”Ivy
Community Manager

9 Likes

Hello. My name is Susan V. Ellis. I have chronic back and knee pain, that interferes with my daily life. Even though I take hydrocodone, I am limited as to what I can do. To further complicate my back issues, I also have Parkinsonโ€™s.

13 Likes

Hi Iโ€™m Robin. In fighting fibromalgia and i feel like Iโ€™m losing. Doctors donโ€™t know much about this horrible disease. Not enough research has been done. But it cripples your life and stupid you from doing simple tasks around your house. If anyone else is dealing with this please let me know. Thank you.

15 Likes

I have a back injury that refuses to heal and the doctors wonโ€™t do crap for it, they said that I have to live with pain for the rest of my life, so I have for 6 and a half years now everyday nonstop,with no pain killers or anything. My back jury was do to a car accident 6 and a half years ago.

8 Likes

Hi and thank you for the welcome.
I am 64, have chronic pain from neck injury, 2 artificial hips, osteoarthritis.
I keep active as much as possible.

7 Likes

Hi all! I have fibromyalgia and a mild case of chronic fatigue syndrome. The fibro messes with my head (fibro fog) and my body! Looking to meet new friend who will understand my grouchiness!
Thanks!

17 Likes

I have a lot of chronic pain issues like for one I have chronic pancreatitis. Plus other issues with my back and now a new issue is a broken knee cap. I broke my knee cap right in half.

7 Likes

Iโ€™m recovering from brain surgery for an aneurysm inside of an artery inside the brain stem, sepsis 3x(the aneurysm formed during months of untreated pain, causing high BP, while septic) & a CPP (chronic pain patient) for 17 years, now in Palliative care. I have SLE, RA, Raynauds, Sjogrens, Diabetes, Gastroparesis, High BP; DDD, & over 45 surgeries. I also have CPTSD from 30 years of medical traumas. Iโ€™ve been an Advocate for the chronic pain community for 10 years & I need help too.

8 Likes

Hello,

My name is Adam. I am 47 and suffer chronic Pain from2 car accidents, 202 kidney stones since 13 yrs old, and from working construction my whole life. I just broke my wrist and 3 fingers when I fell. I have also been through cancer and the docs think I may have fibroโ€™ and some nerve damage disease. Iโ€™ve been depressed as well. I want to thankyou all for sharing for it makes me feel not alone.

12 Likes

I suffer with diabetes,asthma,arthritis and spinal stenosis and other nerve issues. But life goes on nice meeting all of u

8 Likes

Iโ€™m new here. I have a Internal pain pump. Iโ€™m looking for ways to help control chronic lower back pain.

7 Likes

Hello amd god bless

7 Likes

Keeping busy and occupying the mind has helped with my pain. I love music and craft. This keeps mind off of the constant pain that never goes away.

10 Likes

Hi Michelleโ€”Thanks for joining the Community and sharing with us! Weโ€™re so happy youโ€™re here. Iโ€™ve moved your introduction post to the โ€œWelcomeโ€ topic, to help connect you with others.

Iโ€™ll be here to help if you have any questions about navigating the Community. I wish you all the best!

โ€”Ivy
Community Manager

4 Likes

Hello everyone! I have chronic pain from spinal stenosis and degenerative disk disease. I also have hypothyroid, depression, anxiety, osteoarthritis, and BPD. The chronic pain is the biggest part of my problems. I try to stay positive and keep busy when possible. My one cat (I have 3 total) is my registered ESA (Emotional Support Animal.) She is always by my side and she knows when I am hurting. She gives me unconditional love which helps me a lot. I take a lot of medications and Care Zone helps me keep track of them.

9 Likes

I was finally diagnosed 22 years ago with Fibromyalgia. I also have migraines. I am highly functioning and firmly believe that there are times when we can talk ourselves into feeling worse so I try to have a good attitude and not get caught in a โ€œpoor meโ€ spiral. That said, yes, there are days where EVERYTHING hurts and I just want to sleep. I just donโ€™t have the luxury of doing so. I work full time in IT.

5 Likes