Welcome to the Multiple Sclerosis Community 😊

Support for MS patients, caregivers, and loved ones.

Welcome! This is a place to introduce yourself and meet others in the MS Community.

23 Likes

Heylo. I am new to this forum. I have M.S., dx’d in 2000.

13 Likes

Hello I am Wendy I am 44 I was diagnosed with MS March 25 2005 I currently have primary progressive multiple sclerosis. I also have PBA.

7 Likes

Hi! I was diagnosed in 2007 with secondary progressive MS.
Nice to find a community to chat!

8 Likes

Hi! I was diagnosed RRMS July 2004. I have not taken any MS drugs since 2006 and besides the typical fatigue, bladder/bowel issues and neuropathy, my main issue is cognitive. Thinking, concentrating and memory issues are pretty bad.

14 Likes

Hi, I’m Jesse and I was diagnosed in 1998 after an incident that happened while working at a hazmat spill, (I was a County Emergency Manager at the time). I’ve been in an electric wheelchair since 2008, which is an eye opening experience.

7 Likes

Well everyone it’s a pleasure to chat with you. I am not always on this app. I tend to stay on Facebook which is under my name Wendy Herrera. I don’t like to talk so much about my illness to others because sometimes others who have the same sickness seem to be depressed and can not deal with the diagnoses. I have attempted to help a lot of friends who were ill yet others I was unable to; and only became Debbie Downers. I didn’t know how to deal with that myself so I just moved on. I am a happy person. I don’t like to be sad. If someone is sad I stay away

14 Likes

Hi. I’m Sabrina. I was diagnosed with RRMS a couple months ago. I am fighting insurance for the med that my provider and I agreed on. I am finishing up my very first set of steroid infusions for a relapse. I am worried about how this disease may progress.

4 Likes

Hello. I was preliminary dx’d in Dec 2010 and final dx’d in April/ May of 2011.

4 Likes

Hello everyone. I was preliminary dx’d with MS in Dec 2010 and final dx’d in April/ May of 2011. I started on Rebif immediately. So far I am stable. I was also born with a congenital heart defect and born blind in my right eye. I’m working full-time in retail for over 18 yrs. ☺☺☺

6 Likes

I’ve had multiple sclerosis since 2010 probably before that not sure exactly how long it’s been it’s good to know there’s a community where people could discuss these kinds of things I have the key to extreme fatigue and I Stumble a lot but I try not to let it get me down I’m going to get a cat pretty soon so I will have a pet to love me I live alone and deal with this by myself it’s very difficult but I manage

7 Likes

Hello my name is Cindy and I was diagnosed with RRMS in August 2007. I had been taking a dmd up until earlier this year when I had abnormal liver function test. Now I am not taking anything.
My neurologist has classified my MS as dormant since no relapse in over a year and no change in my MRI’s.

6 Likes

I need your help

4 Likes

I have relapsing MS. Dx’d in Nov 2014. I dont feel like i know enough about this. My biggest fear is losing my mobility and my eye site. I was just taken off the copaxin to an oral med and im concerened about the side effects.

5 Likes

Jolaine- You are not alone. You have people here that can help you through tough times. There are quite a few support groups out there through MSAA or NMSS. Or depending where you live, a local support group in your community.

6 Likes

Hi all. I’m 47 yrs old. Dx’d May 2010 with RRMS. I just began Ocrevus & my 6-month infusion is next month. MS is my primary Dx; however, I have chronic pain, degenerative disk disease, lupus, & who knows what else. I TRY to be strong & stay positive, but sometimes the pain & cognitive decline crumbles me. I’ve learned that as long as I keep getting back up AFTER I crumble, I’m going to be ok. 😊 It’s nice to meet you all & I hope to get to know you.

3 Likes

I have a daughter who is battling MS she is a fighter I am praying for her and others but sometimes I feel so lost that I can’t help my child

4 Likes

Hi everyone. I have relapsing remitting MS. I was diagnosed about 20 years ago and have been using Betaseron. I have some to drop, but the biggest problem is my short term memory. Anyone else?

5 Likes

Make that toe drop on last post. Beware of autocorrect.

5 Likes

To: Myersklan

I understand the lost feeling. I was firefighter, EMT, Fire Marshall, Fire Chief and Emergency Manager from 1977 - 2002. I was the Take Charge guy at all kinds of disasters. Then the MS hit me in 1997 with little warning. I was/am not one to seek help, hell I was the 9 1 1 guy that everyone else called for 41yrs! Suddenly, I was using a cane or walker but I still wasn’t into asking for help… My wife of 26yrs decided in 1998 that she wasn’t in the marriage to be a nurse maid and pulled the pin. Yes, I was lost, no wife, 4yrs later my son (29yrs) passed away and life was hard. But something I have learned in life is to not give up, and don’t EVER let anyone see you with a sour face or attitude. This projected positive attitude attracts people to you because they want it, too. For me it attracted a new soul mate. We were married on 1/1/02. She picked that date so it would be easier for me to remember. LOL. I would be lost without her. I’ve been hospitalized more times then I can remember, I’m currently in a electric wheelchair, my left side of my body is nearly dead, my right side is at 60-70%. I’ve been on all the meds for MS along with something for each of the symptoms. Currently I’m taking a type of chemotherapy drug called Tysabri once per month. Yes it has some of the side effects - but I have remained exasserbation free for the last 5 years ! WHOOPEE !!! Unfortunately, 5wks before i started the treatment I lost my Left Frontal lobe. My short term memory went out the window. But God has created a wonderful body for us and it can repair itself (mostly anyway).

Because people generally are afraid to speak in front of a group my fire department still had me teaching the class room stuff, that and the constant researching new methods and preparing the actual classes keeps my mind cranking away which helps offset the tendency for cognitive loss

Sorry for rattling on so. My last comment would be that my wife (whom has battled breast cancer twice and had a double mastectomy, plus back and syaticka pain has been my life saver. God bless her for the help she has rendered.

May God bless you as well, and I pray he will give you strength and courage to see this through. Finally, Keep smiling and make those around you feel lucky to have a friend like you there with them as they struggle through life. Trust me they will return the favor… Many times over.

11 Likes