Welcome to the Mental Health Community 😊

The holidays were torture and will never be a delight again. My 20 yr old granddaughter committed suicide 2 days before Thanksgiving. She step in front of a semi going 45 mph. My mental illness diagnosis is PTSD, severe depression. I was in therapy for years and I so grateful for the help. Some of the tools that were given to be by Therapist are helping cope through life.

Hi I am Judy I suffer with depression and I am bipolar

Hi I am Judy just want to say hello

Just gonna day hi today
I’m new. I’m a messed up person working on getting better

Hey, name here is Jason. I suffer from anxiety and depression. Recently got laid off from a job I’ve been at for five years. My anxiety is going off the charts and I’ve been struggling for the past couple of weeks. It feels like I’m terrified of everything. I finally got to the doc today and have another med he had put me on. Luckily I have a couple of friends that have gone through it and have helped me out. I’m working on expanding my support network.

Hi Jason, I’m very sorry about what you’re going through. Losing a job can be so disorienting and traumatic. You deserve time to mourn and absorb everything so you can recoup and recover when the time comes. I know processing it all can be hard to do when anxiety and depression are trying to run the show. Just know, it’s okay to feel terrified and anxious (or any other unwinding feelings that seem to just show up out of nowhere)! Reward yourself for fighting these challenges and for each new day you face. You are going through a big loss and change!

What are some of your interests or favorite things to do?

Sending big hugs and strength your way!

Hello Community
Today is a very quiet day for me I could be doing so much more with my life. But I feel as if I’m stuck and can’t move. But today I fight and pray!!

Hello everybody. I’m on here to try to get a better understanding of some of these mental disorders. My mother is bio polar/schizophrenia +others and my 24 year old daughter who lives me (and has no plans of ever leaving) has BPD and my 9yr old grandson has DMDD/ADHD. It’s very hard for me trying to deal with all of these moods and emotions. I myself was dx with anxiety/depression after my husband past in ‘07. I haven’t been on any meds for many, many years. Please feel free to share your thoughts with me.

Force beautiful day!!!

Today I have decided to have a beautiful day no matter what!!!. Outside my window, I see the sky is blue and the leaves are beginning to give me a beautiful show of green. So, I decided if God has given me this gift , then I can give myself something too. And today I chose to be happy and free. If my 5 y/o wasn’t home today I’d dance in my birthday suit!!!

Hello, I’m Trista. I have bipolar I, anxiety, and PTSD. Just wanted to get connected to some people that might have similar problems.

Or mental health well that’s another matter and my husband don’t quit taking my space away from me and being an ass why do men have to be asses.

Hi my name is Linda. I have had two strokes in since 4/11/2018. I have become very depressed along with other life changes. All of this has taken over my life and will to live.I fight with this everyday. The anti depressants that I’ve taken over the past year and a half have not worked I smile on the outside but am crying on the inside.Feels like I can’t be around people any longer.

I can relate and maybe we can try and be friends.

Hi I am new to this. I am 70 years old. I have suffered with MDD since I was 13. That’s when I tried to overdose for the first time. I have developed General Anxiety Disorder. I have had treatment throughout my life including medication and talk therapy and I still wax and wan. I don’t think I will ever be free of my mental health issues but I will keep trying.

Well after a horrible year with my daughter in law and son, my daughter in law actually invited me to their house to sit in the back yard while the kids played in their tiny pool. This is the first time she has invited me over the house without my son there…there were a few things I didn’t like. Like my 2 yr old grandson put all his toy cars in the pool.so my granddaughter couldn’t play very well. And the mother is okay with the kid doing what ever he wants…my grandson dropped a piece of metal pipe from a hose on my granddaughters foot and she started crying. Her mother offered her no comfort.,she isn’t allowed to cry at their house…its so sad…next time I see something like this happen in going to reach out and hug her and kiss her foot or what ever and comfort her…I was so sad to see her just sitting there with tears coming down her face.
I was shocked. But shouldn’t have been as the mother favors the 2 yr old grandson over the 6 yr old granddaughter. The 6 yrs old has to do anything the 2 yr old wants to do. He can come take her toys and she has to let him as its sharing. Which its not. I asked the daughter in law why she let the 2 yr old take the granddaughters toys last year when I saw him doing it and she told me to stop being confrontational.
After that I never said anything…its just so sad to see how she has to give into this 2 yr olds every whim…I don’t know what else to do.
I have been back here in Omaha Nebraska for a year now i moved from Washington state to be near my son and grandkids. But I never see them…so,I’m,trying to make a life for myself back here on,my own with God and the blessed Mother. In doing ok. Just got a scholarship to a community center which has a pool gym and art classes and yoga and pottery… Etc.,its big. So I also got a new caregiver. So she’s going to help,me.
And take me places.
Theres a thing called The Taste of Omaha running this week. I’m going tomorrow…hopefully there won’t be a ton of people as its a weekday.
Anyway if anyone has any suggestions or comments please feel free to,message me…
I could use the help.,thank you.

Hi. I’m Amy. Single mom, with 2 sons

Hi Pamela. I’ve been suffering from anxiety and depression for years. I spend alot of time home…Alone except for Azi my 🐱 my buddy.

Good morning. What do you mean by an experienced depressed woman? Have you been depressed for a long time? I have. I’m 65 and have suffered with depression and anxiety disorder since I’m a teenager. I have 1 friend next door. He’s great. I have acquaintances, but no one really close. I do have 2 sons. I’m disabled. Oh! I don’t like that word!!!.Anyway they are fantastic. We live in Colorado. So what’s your story?☺

Hi, my name is Dawn and I have three teenage boys all of which we adopted. Two of them I have multiple mental health diagnosis. Between the two of them they have Bipolar 1, ADHD, ODD, FAS and autism. If anybody has any questions or just want to vent , the frustrations that you are feeling. I am a very transparent person so do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

Hi my name is Barb . Im 55 years old . Have PTSD Depression and Anxiety. Is there any of you that suffer with this mines due to being battered. When I was married to first husband.