Welcome to the General Community 😊

Discuss topics not mentioned in other communities!

Welcome! This is a place to introduce yourself and meet others. Feel free to explore the other topics already posted or create a new topic of your own!

16 Likes

Hello! I’m Ginger. My husband and are are retired. We care for my mother in our home. She’s 91 and has lived with us for 11 years.
CareZone has been great for keeping track of her needs/care - and share with my 6 siblings - who are a great supportive counsel. I recommend CareZone at any opportunity.
Looking forward to sharing with and supporting the community here.

10 Likes

Hi my name is Lisa M. Lyons. I’m a mother of two children and a grandma to a beautiful granddaughter. I work 3-4 days a week at a small store to keep myself active. I have Fibromyalgia and in pain most of my day. I take medication to control the pain. I use to work at a school as an asst cook 5 days a week 35 minutes from home. The drive became too much for me, I have problems with my knees given out on me, so the drive was making it hard to sit for a long period of time and standing and walking was slow and painful. But I try to stay active. My youngest child is still in school so I am home with him at night. That is me pretty much, so thank you for making a community for us using CareZone.

12 Likes

Hi! Andy Here.

I have found Carezone an AWESOME way to track medical records for both my Wife and myself. Unfortunately, we each have at least 5-Patient portals (for our different MD’s), as well as Pharmacy, Labs, etc.

I’m finding it to be my job, to make sure all of our Dr’s have the same, accurate information…and I’m finding it almost impossible. The state of New York has introduced Health Link NY, a health exchange for Providers to all access the same common health records. Unfortunately I’m finding many of our providers do not participate yet.

I had labwork done last week for one Dr. - and then contacted my Primary physician due to a concern - she does not have (or have access to) those same results. So I have to go to the lab’s patient portal, download the results, and then fax them to my MD.

In a PERFECT world, something as simple as my medications would be updated for ALL providers at the same time - and my Carezone list is (by definition) the most accurate. Only I know what I’m taking (RX and OTC).

7 Likes

Hello Lisa,
My name is Brenda Floyd, and I’m on disability now since May. I am a widow now for 14 years. Since my husband sudden death, my health has seem to decline on me. I have Congested Heart Failure, Bell’s Palsy, Vertigo, Depression, Arthritis and Hypertension. The arthritis is in my knees and back. They pain management were able to put three of my nerves in my back asleep. That has been over a year ago. The worse for me is the knees and foot pain. I deals with it the best I can. The vertigo is no fun for me either. It cause’s me to be unbalanced from the dizziness and that makes me sick to my stomach. I use work at an assisted living facility before I got sick in September. Oh well, that’s my life in a day.

7 Likes

Hi my name’s kerre. It’s nice to meet everyone.

3 Likes

For some reason I can’t make my own post only reply to others posts so I’m gonna get off here. I thought this was for everyone to post things

2 Likes

I’m Eric, Carezone user since 2015. CZ was a key tool for me in caring for a 95 year old widowed cousin for the last two years of her life. She was living in coastal Georgia; and I in Ottawa Canada. The contact database, the medication management system, the journal were all very helpful.

Now my wife and I use Carezone for our own personal health care. Great system!

3 Likes

Hi Kerre, you should definitely be able to create posts. I’ll pass this on to our support people.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and health issues. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Next to the Reply button at the bottom there should be a + sign button for the ability to add your own comment.

1 Like

Hi, I have had Diabetes since I was 31 years old. I’m currently 62 years old. My parents had diabetes and my 9 siblings also have diabetes. My youngest sibling was diagnosed as a child, the rest of us are Type ll.

1 Like

Hi Kerre! I’m sorry to hear about the issue. I can definitely help! I just sent a message to your Community inbox with instructions on how to update your CareZone app to the latest version. This should help fix the issue, but please reply to my message anytime if I can help further!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone my name is Vinnie I am 62 retired and along with my wife 4 children and our dog Jojo moved from California to Tennessee.
A few medical issues between my wife and I so Care zone workes for me. In fact a as I am txting this I am in the orthopedic office waiting to see as Doctor.
Everyone have as great healthy day
Vinnie

4 Likes

Hi there, I just retired on May 1, 2018 and am still trying to get used to not going to work! I worked for a local electric utility company for 37 years as a heavy truck and hydraulics mechanic. My better half is on disability for heart issues that are under control. I’m 63. We’re living in our new 40’ travel trailer and plan on traveling come January. We have a 10 year old Golden doodle named Petie. OK. Stepping down from my soapbox. 😉
Be well all.

7 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve been a user of Care Zone for over a year. I use it to remind me to take my meds and order my meds. I am a live kidney transplant recipient from a co-worker. We are both doing well 19 months post

8 Likes

My name is Max. I’m 57 and live with my better half I use Carezone to remind me to take my medication and I love it!

3 Likes

Hi! I can’t remember how long I’ve been using CareZone, but it’s been a while. I originally only installed the app because the icon was an owl aha, but it’s been super helpful for me to remember taking my medication. And now it’s been helpful at doctor’s appointments, too, when I couldn’t quite remember the dosage of a few of my meds.

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Cindy and I have used CareZone for awhile now. I have glaucoma since my mid 20s (I’m 61 now) and the daily reminders to take my meds are a huge help.
I am married with two four-pawed children, Pave and Carina (brother and sister cats). Looking forward to sharing with fellow CareZoners and getting more
tips as well.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m John, and I’m currently in remission from non-Hodgkins lymphoma, mantle cell variety.

CareZone helps me keep track of the many medications I take.

3 Likes