Welcome to the Fibromyalgia Community ๐Ÿ’œ

Discuss diagnosis, symptoms, find and offer support.

Welcome! This category is dedicated to those affected by fibromyalgia. Feel free to introduce yourself here and say hello. ๐Ÿ‘‹

If you havenโ€™t yet, take a moment to read the community guidelines first: https://community.carezone.com/privacy.

Thanks for joining and take care.

โ€”Ivy
Community Manager

10 Likes

Hello my name is Gladys Wade and I have fibromyalgia
been with it for quite some time. When it flier I canโ€™t get out of bed . I just pain meds and use a hot or cold pad and also rub down in cream or ointment

5 Likes

Hi, my name is Brandy. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2010. Suffered for years before. Always had migraines, severe allergies to smells very light sensitive . I i am praying for us all.

7 Likes

Heat pad is my best friend. I understand how u feel.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, Iโ€™m new to this community. I wanted to join and have an outlet with others like me. Iโ€™ve had Fibromyalgia 16 years but it took them 7 years to diagnose. Iโ€™m living with it and have my good and bad days. Iโ€™m glad I have a community in which I can discuss my flair ups, Brain fogs and also encourage and be encouraged.

5 Likes

Hi Iโ€™m new to both this group and fibromyalgia diagnosis. My name is Sheryl and I have had cluster headaches most of my life, shortly after I had cubital and carpal tunnel I started having severe aching in most of my joints to the point that care giving for my parents became very difficult and impossible on some days. I have been on Lyrica for three weeks and I notice some difference but not pain free. Are there any non medicinal ways to treat this when stress level is always high?

1 Like

If I may inquire, and if too personal please feel free to decline. I completely understand. When you say youโ€™ve always had migraines, have you investigated that single aspect at all? Possibly a diagnosis in conjunction with fibromyalgia? I ask because I have similar symptoms with the addition of inner ear problems and have been previously diagnosed (before my fibro diagnosis) with chronic migraines, then Meniereโ€™s disease, then vestibular migraines. Do you have inner ear/balance problems as well?

2 Likes

Non medicinal or non medical?

1 Like

Technically I have weather related migraines and chronic cluster headaches which were episodic until a 11 years ago. I can set my clock by these most days. Yes, I do have balance issues. I started getting these headaches at age 14 twice a year. I was not formally diagnosed until I was 31 at a headache clinic. I stopped taking all the anti seizure medications because I have been on them for decades. My rheumatologist feels that the headaches are so bad because the fibromyalgia amps up the volume on pain. Hopefully you are doing better.

Either or both, at this juncture I am willing to try most things๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Hello my name is Frankie and Iโ€™m happy to be able to join the group and get and give support

2 Likes

Hello. Iโ€™m new to Fibro, earlier this year, and Iโ€™m thrilled to see I can have access to a group of people who understand, right in my pocket! Iโ€™ll spare you the list of diagnoses I went through earlier in my life, but letโ€™s just say that my medical folder is think and full of blunders. Iโ€™m sure many of you went through that too.

1 Like

I increase the dosage of vitamin D to 10000 milligrams for the summer months. Seems helpful since car makes me stiffer

1 Like

Hello,
My name is Vickie and i suffered with joint pain, headaches, and insomnia for decades before a doctor prescribed the correct combination of drugs to alleviate some of the symptoms of fibromyalgia-muscle relaxers, pain meds and a sleep aid. Right now,my joints feel like they are on fire and they are throbbing. Does anyone experience itching, like there are bugs on your skin? I get this itching every so often, not all of time

2 Likes

Yes! The itching! My skin is super sensitive. Iโ€™ll get scalp itching pretty bad.

1 Like

Thank you so very much!

Hi fibro friends. My name is Eva. Iโ€™m 42. Iโ€™ve had Chronic pain for about ten years now. Itโ€™s been in the last five years that my doctors and I have finally ruled out everything else and Iโ€™m officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have two children, 15 & 11, and Iโ€™m an ESE teacher. When I feel great, sometimes I forget I have it, then boom! Hit with a flare that has me bed ridden. Flares can be demoralizing and depressing for meโ€ฆas Iโ€™m sure you all feel as well. Iโ€™m sending out healing vibes to each of you. ๐Ÿ’›

1 Like

I have been diagnosed with this but Iโ€™m not really sure about it. I do know one thing for sure my best friend is sugar, Iโ€™ve been paying attention and now suspect it is my enemy. Hard to break free from it. If I have to much Iโ€™ll feel the pain.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

My dr suggested vitamin d also

1 Like