Welcome to the Family & Relationships Community! 😊

A place to discuss family, parenting, pets, and relationships.

Hello! Introduce yourself and welcome others to the community. To start a new discussion, feel free to post a new topic of your own!

14 Likes

Good morning!

4 Likes

Hello I’m Ron a major medical disaster that has now moved on to problems to add to the medical disaster. Because I’m disabled I have way too much time to think is what everyone keeps telling me. My wife had a hysterectomy almost 3 years ago now and does not wasn’t me to touch her.

3 Likes

Thanks for this forum, and the ability to make new friends 🙏🏿⚘

11 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community! We’re so glad that you’ve joined us.

I hope you find the community helpful and look forward to you connecting with others!

I’ll be here to help if you have any questions.

Take care,

—Ivy
Community Manager

5 Likes

Your kindness is truly appreciated 🙏🏿☺⚘!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m very new to this so I’ll just jump in…& I don’t know if this is where I start. My name is Dana, I have depression, anxiety, ptsd,POTS, and Gastroparesis… my illness’s are mostly the invisable kind… so people( or family) don’t believe you can feel good one day and then you are so tired you can’t do anything … I’m a spoonie, which means I have a limited amount of spoons , healthy have unlimited spoons… so getting out of bed , spoon, getting dressed-spoon, going to store/spoon… you get it. So hi to everyone and I wish everyone has a great pain free day

9 Likes

I’m bipolar depression, and living alone can have its tolls, and be a blessing.

7 Likes

Challenged by self centered sister. She is competitive, manipulative, and lies. A real challenge to get along with.

3 Likes

This is sad

2 Likes

Thank you soooooooo much! At this time, I am recovering from surgery for a torn ROTATOR Cuff…ouch!

1 Like

Ouch! I’m so sorry to hear that. We’re all wishing you a very speedy recovery. I hope you heal soon and have a restful weekend!

Take care,

—Ivy
Community Manager

3 Likes

Thank you…

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and your support 🤗🤕!

2 Likes

Good morning, I am a caretaker for my husband who is a disabled veteran with numerous disorders. I like traveling which is virtually impossible nowadays since he can’t comfortably do so and is becoming a recluse. We are empty nesters with nothing but time and doctors appointments on hand. Bored and depressed most of the time.

1 Like

Hi all. I am always alone. I’m content, but sometimes it’s bad. My 3 grown sons live in my same town. I rarely see or hear from them. I haven’t driven in about 12 years. One more step, and I’ll be driving. I can’t wait, I miss my family and feel like, well all that’s for the depression thread. Anyways I plan on visiting them all on Sundays. Every Sunday. Lol

4 Likes

Hello, I am the Texas Hat Lady -Chee2.
Family relationships are very stressful. My father was an alcoholic & gone from Monday to Friday & when home he drank & drank. One day I got him to talk to me about why he was an alcoholic. Dad’s marriage to mom was second for both only dad had a son. Mom refused to allow him to live with us. One of my Aunts raised Bobby . He graduated president of his class at Rice University. He went on his mid shipment came to visit & I teased him that he had the mumps . Aunt Thelma took Bobby straight to the hospital. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma & passed away in a couple weeks. The death of Bobby drove Dad to alcohol to relieve the pain of his loss. So we all were in pain because of the loss of a sibling.
Both parents are in heaven now, yet my brother & sister are estranged.
Not any family reunions going on here

2 Likes

Hi Dana, I can understand some of the depression, PTSD, anxiety stuff because I deal with the same thing daily, so I know where your coming from. I do know, it does help from time to time to talk to someone, and I would be willing to listen and help, because it may help to me also with mine also.

3 Likes

I really appreciate that, it would be great to have confidont…but unfortunately my story goes back to when I was a kid… ya know I’m getting ready for a big move, I’m going home for good this time ( I think ? ) home is Ohio, I’m in Georgia now… funny thing is my being in Georgia makes my condition worse, but when I get back home, the stress makes it bad I’m a different way… I’m a mess , but don’t plan on being one for long … I want to go places do things. Get out there and live… your turn

3 Likes

I understand about how far back goes goes. My history is a mess also, and has been for almost 47 years. I am in Montana right now, and I don’t think I can ever move back to my home, which for me was Oklahoma. That’s where my folks live and it’s best I stay where I am. I could tell you a lot more, but there are just some things you don’t need everybody reading or being broadcast all over. If you want to , please feel free to email me @ bucky20277@yahoo.com or you can even send me a text. I will help you out as much as I can, and I have belief in you that you can and WILL make it better when you get back home.

4 Likes