Welcome to the Cancer Community ๐Ÿ’œ

Support for cancer patients, survivors, caregivers, and loved ones.

Welcome! This is a place to introduce yourself and meet others in the Cancer Community.

26 Likes

Hi, my name is Laurie and I am a two time lung cancer survivor. Along with remission, I received COPD, radiation damage and a weight problem.
Donโ€™t get me wrong, I am extremely GRATEFUL to be in remission and to all the support I had and still have in my life.

30 Likes

Hi my name is Edwin but my family and friends call me Eddie. Iโ€™m a survivor of Leukemia I have been in remission for a little over 3 years. The chemotherapy messed up my immune system and I have to get IVIG every 3 weeks but I feel like thatโ€™s a good trade for remission.

19 Likes

My name is Jim I have Prostate Cancer

12 Likes

Hi, My name is Chris. I was diagnosed with Parkinsonโ€™s disease 4years ago. I use this app to help me keep track of all my meds. My Rx insurance, Express Scripts, no longer accepts CareZone, which helped me a lot. Now I spend one morning a week sorting my meds into tiny ziplock bags and paper clipping them together into daily packets to keep in my pocket. I had the right lobe of my thyroid removed last month. The pathology report was taking forever and when my doctor chased it down he found out that it had bee sent to the Mayo Clinic. I finally found out that it was cancer.

10 Likes

I am a cancer survivor now for about 10+ and standing here, saying have faith in God he is there for you. I will pray for anyone who needs it and to feel Godโ€™s power, in Jesus name Amen.

19 Likes

Hi, I have stage 3 Pancreatic cancer diagnosed 14 months ago

12 Likes

Hi my name is Dawn. First I would like to say thank you so much for having this avenue for those of us who just need to vent and see that we are not alone. 19 months ago my husband went in for physical before going back to his seasonal job. Dr insisted on blood where much to our surprise she discovered PSA of 215. Thatโ€™s the last thing we wanted to hear. He was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer then cancer was found in kidney bones and lymph nodes he has put on 60lbs and had several small strokes in February.There is no surgery or chemo or radiation he is on hormone therapy. We have been together for 35 years we have been through a lot and we always held on to the knowledge that together we can get through anything. Itโ€™s getting harder everyday to stay positive while I watch him having bad days. My heart goes out to each and every one of you and your families be good to each other and may we all have one more happy day

16 Likes

Hi my name is Carol. I was diagnosed with lung cancer 4.5 years ago. I had part of my lung removed and went through chemotherapy. I have been in remission for almost 4 years. My lung cancer was caused from many years of smoking. I havenโ€™t smoke since I was diagnosed. I enjoyed smoking and to this day still miss smoking but I will never pick up another cigarette. I gained 40lbs and have been able too lose 20lbs of it. Care zone has helped me remember to take my meds.

15 Likes

Hi my name is William. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008, had 25 direct radiation treatments and was implanted with 112 radioactive seeds. These treatments seemed to be effective until 2016 when my PSA suddenly went up. My doctor started me on hormone therapy, first Lupron and then Eligard and this brought my PSA back down to an acceptable level. Both of these medications tend to cause osteoporosis so I get an injection of Prolia at the same time that I get the other injection.
My urologist is now telling me as I get older the hormone injection will become less and less effective. My question is what do I do?

10 Likes

There are so many strong and supportive people here. Iโ€™m trying to figure out where people get their strength. Iโ€™m really impressed by the support of people. Itโ€™s absolutely wonderful. I find in life in general itโ€™s really hard to find good honest caring sincere people. Itโ€™s great to see that there are still good people on earth. Actually a little shocked. Maybe I have just met all the wrong people. Sorry everyone about my ramblings and Iโ€™m way off topic but it feels really good to see people care about each other. I had a really happy moment. Havenโ€™t had one of them in a long time. Just trying to say thank you everyone!

15 Likes

My mom has been diagnosed with CLL I feel horrible not being able to help her feel better

9 Likes

Hi everyone

8 Likes

Skin cancer (removed & gone for now) and prostate cancer (just recently cane back, however so slowly). Never imagined Iโ€™d be a cancer survivor much less 2!

9 Likes

Was diagnosed with pancreatic amber last June. Done radiation last summer along with chemo. Back on it again. 2 days on (pump) then repeat in 2 weeks. Was told it WAS shrinking!

10 Likes

Hello everyone. Praying each of you had a blessed day. Im a cancer survivor. Colorectal cancer and ill be in remission for 4 yrs Dec. 31st

13 Likes

Hello my name is Gary and I have stage 3 follicular non-hodgkinโ€™s Lymphoma and I just finished 6 rounds of chemotherapy waiting to do a pet scan to see if it worked

7 Likes

I was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Had a double mastectomy to be on the safe side. Luckily it was Stage 1. I feel good, but these crying bouts are getting to me. One minute Iโ€™m great, then next Iโ€™m crying. I am trying to keep positive, smile, & laugh. Iโ€™m finding I just want to stay home. I know I need to find a local support group. I have to return to work soon. I pray by then the tears will stop. Prayers please. I will add everyone here to my prayer list.

13 Likes

Hi, my name is Margaret. Iโ€™m 72.
I have CML.
I am in full remission.
Iโ€™d like to hear from others, how youโ€™re feeling, how the chemo effects you, the name of the chemo ( mine is Tasigna).

8 Likes

Hi my name is Mark
I have multiple myeloma just starting my second round of chemotherapy.

9 Likes