Waiting for my prescription

Lyrica is generic pregabalin and the pharmacy ACTUALLY is filling it tomorrow for me for the first time. The day before my 33rd birthday. This is the only thing I’ve asked for, for my birthday for the last 5 years.

7 Likes

So happy for you!! Hope ot works as good for you that it does for me

3 Likes

I stopped taking Lyrica as it messed up my stomach…

2 Likes

Hooray!!! Best birthday present EVER…in my opinion. I take Lyrica and it has been one of the only medications that I get actual results from. I filled my Lyrica on Saturday and paid less than $10! I have insurance, but my monthly copay was over $60. Now that it’s generic it’s nice to see those savings as well.

4 Likes

Lyrica worked AMAZING for me for over 12 years but I gain so much weight…with the help of my doctor I was able to get off the medicine but I don’t fell like energef $.
Wish you the best! God bless

3 Likes

Lyrica worked the best for me, but my Neurologist told my PCP to take me off of it because of my intractable migraine (a side effect of Lyrica is headaches so my Neurologist was removing anything / everything that had a side effect of headaches). I wish I could have it back!!!

3 Likes

Did Lyrica cause you to be dizzy? Or feeling fatigued like you had to sleep all the time?
My doctor is trying to get the right combination of dose size and dosage time.
I am anout ready to give up on it. I have trouble getting to sleepat night. Then I wake up at 7:30 am even if I was awake at 4am. Then at 11am or 12pm I need a nap. I seelp till almost 5 pm some times.
I feel like I am sleepong my life away.

2 Likes

I felt the same way but my dose was too high I take 300mg 3x a day and I feel like a new man (Lol I am a girl)

1 Like

Oops sorry 300mg for the whole day
(100mg 3x a day)

2 Likes

Happy birthday!!! Hope your day will be all you hope it to be.
I have been on Lyrica for some fifteen years, all it does is put me to sleep. Feel like I’m sleeping my life away. When im woke, the pain drives me crazy, and the family wish i would go back to sleep.

1 Like

I just recently received my 1st Rx of
Pregabelin.i’m hoping that itwirks as well for me as Lyrica does. Hope that you has results as good as mine.

1 Like

The dose I started on was 150 mg 2 times a day total of 300mg.
We tweaked it to 150 mg at night. Still to much.
Then we tweaked it to 100 mg 2 times a day. Still to high. Then 100 mg a day. Still to high.
Next tweak 50 mg 2 times a day. Still to much. Then 50 mg a day. Today I wasn’t so sleepy. But did not get any relief from the neuropathy.
I am going to give up. There has to be something that will do better for me. I do not want to sleep all day and take a chance of falling because I am so dizzy.
I am 70 years old and do not need to fall due to the osteopenia I have.
Stay well and gentle hugs.

I am taking Gabapentin 900mg 3x day for nerve pain due to a bulging disk and I still have nerve pain. As long as I don’t sit for long periods of time I’m okay. I have a long drive to work- about 45 mins give or take with traffic and I sit with an ice back on my lower back. It’s a long story which I won’t get into but I don’t had health insurance but I use the Rx App and it’s been a saving grace for the price of all my medications. Glad to hear you’ve gotten what you need/asked for!

1 Like

It took me about 5 weeks to get used to the Side effects of the Lyrica. I am not so bad with just that one. But most of my day is combined with Tramadol, Tizanidine, and Lyrica. If I am slightly tired this combination will knock me out. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 🤦🏽‍♀️. Really hard when I volunteer in an office and during these summer months I am there alone. Which isn’t bad but I have a harder time fighting the effects.

Looking into changing pain Meds and muscle relaxer.

1 Like

The doctor changed my antidpressant and I am doing some better. The Lyrica helps a little bit, just not enough. I am afraid to change it as I already have meds I paid for and can not take. I just can not keep buying things I can not take.
Phew it gets hard trying to get things right.
Stay well and gentle hugs.

1 Like

Sinc I haven’t talked w/ any of y’all in a while. I’ve Ben taking Lyrica for quite some time ( was taking Neurotin b4) Lyrica does better. My injury caused a dysfunctional SI joint which causes numbness down my leg some times.I’m taking Pregabalin 50 mg in the AM & 100mg @ bedtime ( pregabalin is cheaper than Lyrica , it’s lethe generic) I don’t be drowsy during the day w/o the numbness. For does of y’all that don’t have insurance there several discount cards around for free.examples; Singlecare,GoodRx and Discount Pharmacy Card if you are in Alabama there’s Alabama prescriptionSssistance Program card. I hope all of you do good with Lyrica(Pregabalin),Tramadol & Zanaflex(tizanadine) God bless each of you

1 Like

Me too. 🙁

My doctor changed me over to Gabapentin and I am doing much better. I still.get the pain and numbness at times but doing 100% better. Thank you for all your advise.