Very strong pain

Hi I have sciatica and am always in pain on my lower back and I get spasms down my legs all the way to my toes and I get spasms on my back ribs and front ribs.i have tried everything and nothing seems to work. all doctors want to do it operate on me and I dont want to.

7 Likes

Sorry you are in soo much pain.
Sciatica is very painful. You may have to have surgery. Please try what is suggested.
I had this surgery, my leg pain is gone. Ask the Doctor to explain the surgery. You may change your mind.
Please let us know what you decided…

5 Likes

I know you’ve had tons of suggestions but I’m going to give you one more.😏 Have you tried a topical CBD from hemp (which is legal in all 50 states) ointment? Or if marijuana is legal in your state, try a topical blend of CBD/THC ointment or cream. I struggle with sciatica as well and these both have helped me majorly!!! I know it’s not a permanent solution, but may get you by in the meantime until you do find a permanent solution.

4 Likes

As far as I know CBT is not covered under insurance here in the state of Florida. The cost to just get a card is 80.00 and then the cost of medicine is not cheap.

5 Likes

I have sciatica nerve in my lower part of my back too and I’ve been getting muscle spasm going down to the bottom of my feet my left feet which I had 3 surgeries already on my left ankle and this sciatica nerve is not helping at all all I want to do is give you medicine medicine is not the solution all the time and surgery is not a solution neither everything that I take does not help me at all I hear a lot of people talking about the CBC oil but I am the type of person I don’t drink I don’t smoke and the medicine that I’m taking for my blood pressure migraine depression anxiety none of that helps me at all so I’m wondering if that CBC all will help me I pray and hope everything turns out for the best for you I know how you feel cuz that’s out of the nerve is no joke

3 Likes

Check out medical message.
It helps

3 Likes

That’s why I said that the CBD from hemp is legal in all 50 states. I got it from a company called Charlotte’s Web in Colorado. I’d go to their website to order, then just have it shipped to my house. They also have a blog on their website that may help ease a lot of fears/questions before you order.

3 Likes

Hello sorry for the pain and really need to see if the operation is truly needed don’t need to always be cut and hoping that it works sometimes there’s a better or different remedy than going under the knife if possible look into some other way Im just lending and ear

3 Likes

I used to get sciatica a lot, never had a CT Scan or a MRI but thy did xrays of my back when I was 45 and the Doctor said I had the back of a 90 year olds, have severe Arthritis from L-5 all the way to the tailbone, they got me hooked on Vicodin and then I Norco for years. Me and my Wonderful husband white knuckled it for weeks until I was off, never again. I changed Doctors and he sent me to a Chiropractor and changed me to Arthritis pills 2xday and other medications and I am no longer in pain and I am 66 years old now. I still say no to any narcotics, I didn’t like me when I was on them.

2 Likes

I agree that Lower Back and Sciatica pain are chronic and debilitating. I have suffered from both for many years to the point that I have lost my job of 23 years, health insurance and am effectively bedridden.

Other than having a Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in November 2017 surgery has not been an option. Even with insurance, Sciatica Fusion is not paid for by most commercial insurance companies. I have had at least a dozen Injections for both diagnostic and rehabilitative therapy.

My Pain Management doctor is great but somewhat limited without me having insurance and the laws regulating narcotics. I have been very cautious with meds which keeps my pain levels higher but better than being addicted.

No easy answers but wish everyone well as I am off to see my Pain Management doctor this morning.

4 Likes

I have sciatic and degenerative disc disease. I’ve had more injections than I can count.I had a partial discectemy and framonotamy(sorry about bad spelling) done 1st after being on tones of different meds. I had my 1st spinal cord stimulator put in.( called subcutaneous) means it just lays on the nerves. It actually helped for a good while. Then they had to go in and put the paddle in because my pain was to sever. Later, after the 2nd surgery I found out about the DDD. By then a discs had ruptured and was sticking in my nerves. However, it didn’t show up on any xrays or MRIs. It wasn’t till they went in that they found my problem and then several yrs later(2018) I had to have a spinal fusion. So don’t wait to long !! I also had all the spasms, I was dragging my foot and losing feeling and control of my arm and fingers. I’m 50yrs and I’ve had to have 5 back surgeries because I waited to long to have the first one. Don’t be like me. BTW, I still have the simulator in and it works wonders!!😊

4 Likes

WOW! You have been through hell and back. I hate that you have gone through so much so young in life.

Happy to hear that you are doing better.

Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Have you tried a “T.E.N.S.” unit? They are great. You can get 1 for about $40 at a pharmacy. Mine has saved me from so much pain. On occasion when my sciatica is real bad, I wear mine for 24 hours. I wouldn’t be able to walk without it.
I get an epidural 1 or 2 times a year. I take Tylenol 4, and Flexeril almost daily.
In between epidurals, I get chiropractic adjustments. This is how I survive my spinal conditions.
I want to try the CBD oil, my husband doesn’t want me to. Many years ago, I smoked pot, it really helped my pain, so I know that pot helps, I don’t know about theCBD oil.
I didn’t take pills at that time. Since then, my body has been through more trauma.
I also have muscle damage in my lower back and neck now. I also have Fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression, which adds to the Fibromyalgia.
Best of luck to you.

1 Like

I haven’t had surgery for any of my spinal conditions. Like you, I also have ddd. I started having spinal problems after my 1st of 3 car accidents. (ALL rear end collisions.) 1st I was a passenger in a 3 car accident, in 1982. Then, as a driver on 6-18-84, and 7-30-1987. I thought I must have had a sign on my rear saying “hit me”.
Then in Jan 2000, and April 2000, I got hurt at work. My body has had a lot of trauma.
Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I was part of a support group for the Fibromyalgia, we discovered that trauma seems to be the trigger for it.

1 Like

Try a “T.E.N.S.” unit. You can get them at a pharmacy, for about $40. Mine has saved my life, more than once. Sometimes I have to wear mine for 48 hours to be able to walk.
Best wishes

1 Like

Have you tried a “T.E.N.S.” unit. You can get them at a pharmacy, for about $40. Mine has saved my life, more than once. Sometimes I have to wear mine for 48 hours to be able to walk.
Best wishes

1 Like

The dr here wants $250 to give you a medical card.

1 Like

Where do we find this, Medical Message?

1 Like

I’m 50 now. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in my mid 20’s my initial back pain started when I was working as a manager for a shoe store. All the repetitive bending and moving of the shelf’s didn’t help. I was 23 when my Dr told me I had to stop working. My L4-5 S1 just wasn’t having it. In 2008 I had cervical(neck) surgery C6-7 herniated,that’s when I found out I had DDD. Fast forward to 2020 and now I need surgery on C3-4 and they have to also do C5-6. I knew at some point I would have to have more done on my back but my neck decided it wanted time act up 1st. Around the age of 40ish I was diagnosed with RA as well. I’ve been on SS disability since I was 27.😏

1 Like

Keefer Chiropractic has The best Medical Massage Therapist in Jacksonville. His name is Rolland!! I use time see him once a week until I lost my BCBS(got divorced). He has experience with Fibro patients as well as RA. My back felt wonderful whenever I left.

1 Like