Unusual migraine

Day 3 of migraine. Abortive meds not working. This is not a normal pattern for me

I am sorry it is lasting longer than usual. I have had a migraine going on 27 months now so I am not sure 8 can be very encouraging. However, I trust you get relief soon!!!

2 Likes

The unusual part is what is worrying. Have had migraines since I was a teen.

Thank you.

I have migraines headaches I also have a pituitary brain tumor growth that what caused my headache

I had my first migraine when I was pregnant with my first child at 29 . My dad and sister had had migraines while I was growing up, but I thought I was fortunate because I hadn’t had any. Then wham!! The first one was a doozey!!
Then I went along with some off and on, but no pattern to them. Then I began having them more often when my job changed, and I basically was expected to do three positions at one time. I worked throughout that for a long time using Excedrin Migraine while I was a work. Then my migraine prescription when I got home, ate dinner and went to bed. Finally, January 31st, 2017, it was like my body just said “ENOUGH!!” I had stroke-like stmptoms from the migraine. The ER did a complete stroke work up. Thank God I didn’t have a stroke!! The symptoms (droopy face, slurred speech) were just temporary, but the migraine never went away since that day. I have had Botox shots, gotten the daith piercing, tried essential oils … anything anyone suggested I tried just to try to get relief. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be working. I am currently on Mementine (after increasing the dose) which is deadening the pain more than anything else so far - I might still need a little higher dose so will be talking to my neurologist at my next visit. I still need two pairs of sunglasses and ear plugs when I go out, though. I sit in a relatively darkened room at home. I am very light and sound sensitive!!!

My husband had a pituitary tumor. He had it removed in 1985. He has had some side effects from it, but the headaches are gone.

They can’t take mine out because it is under my brain i have a lot of health problems if the put
To sleep they said i may not wake up

I am sorry to hear that. I hope you can find some relief some how.

Thank you

I still had kids at home and a job to go to with my longest migraine of a week. I finally got a paycheck an asked the Dr to call me in a script, the pharmacist saw how much pain I was in an brought me one of my pills and a cup of water.
I still don’t know how I functioned for that long.

Yeah, people don’t understand how I functioned for as long as I did either. When my body finally said “ENOUGH!”, I didn’t have a choice to even try to keep going anymore.

Well I went to ER because the migraine would not stop and it was five days which was unusual for me. They did a CT scan to make sure I didn’t have a bleed in my brain. I am on blood thinners. It was clear. So they tried a shot of benadryl and a shot of norflex. That didn’t work. They couldn’t do torodal because of the blood thinners. They gave me a shot of morphine. That helped. Pain went down to a 1-2/10. But it started coming back four hours later so took my abortive meds which helped for now.

I too have migraines 😭 but I also have what is know as a optical migraine ware there’s no pain except for a small bump at the base of my head. This is what happens, my vision is blurry with wavy lines and for 20 to 30 minutes I just have to close my eyes. This is why I don’t drive because I never know when it hit me, talk to my Dr and he said that it’s just a pinched nerves

Hi have you tried the medicine for migraine SUMATRIPTAN SUCC?

1 Like

No but have tried some triptans which caused chest pain.

Nope I haven’t.

I hope you get better soon.

Just in case there is any muscle tension triggered type of migraine happening there are 2 things I would highly recommend:

1. Diclofenac Gel. It’s prescription. I don’t know how my it would cost you (it shouldn’t be too much because it’s generic), but it’s definitely worth it. And don’t go by the dosage card they have in the box! That’s enough to take a bath in! Just a small dot on your finger will cover a larger area than you would imagine and you can always apply more.

2. If you can’t get a prescription for the Diclofenac Gel or you can’t afford it, try the line of Salon Pas products. They have both a lidocaine gel and a pain relief gel that work really good and they have large lidocaine patches, pain relief patches as well as a pain patch with menthol. They are on the expensive side, but if you’re going to try one, my personal preference is the one with menthol. They also have smaller patches (about 2”x4”) that are very affordable. You can get them at CVS, Walgreens, WalMart. At COSTCO or Sam’s Club you can get a box of 40 patches for between $10-15.00.

Good luck Stat safe.