Trying my best

I never branck out and talk to people about my brokeness. But I will try. I am 25 years old and was abused growing up. I have ptsd from that. I was just diagnosed with bipolar 1 with depression and rapid cycling and schizoaffective disorder. I am profoubdly hard of hearing which never helped me. Now i am a mommy of 4 babies, literally. Aged 6,5,3, and 1. I feel like I am stuck in life.

I am glad you are reaching out. Even though we are not close, this group is here for you. My daughter suffers from PTSD as a result of sexual assaults in high school and college. My husband and I found out about it much later. My daughter sees a counselor- just recently needed to change counselors due to change in insurance coverage. She is struggling with that and her other health conditions, but is still hanging in there. The most important thing for you and your babies is do not give up. You are here for a reason, and your babies need you as well. Reach out to this group if things get too overwhelming. Talking helps - sometimes this type of communication is even more helpful because we don’t know each other that well so we can unload / rant without judgment.

Thank you for reaching out. I have been through a few counselors but i think i found a good one that will help me. I also use to journal but i loat the journal and it was getting negative.
Im sorry about your daughter, i have been down that path also. It changes a person and makes normal relationships hard.

Yes, it does. She journals (when she remembers) and that helps. You are correct in seeing that negative journaling can be bad, but you need to address the negative also. I find when journaling that if it takes a negative turn, before I finish and close my journal, I try to find at least one positive thing to write about. That helps to keep the journal real but not only about the negative. Just what I have found to work.

Hi BrOken, I understand. I didn’t have a suicide attempt while my children were young. I had to stay alive because I didn’t want my husband to raise our children. Please find something you can cling to.
It can be your kid’s, husband, a pet. For me right now it’s my grandsons and a house full of pets. Please reach out to the the community for support

@I’m so sorry for what you are going through and what you did go through when we were young I haven’t tried nothing like that but I have carotid arteries strokes over a dozen and COPD

You have a lot going on… Wow, your kids are close together… I understand it gets overwhelming sometimes, if you need a friend, i am here for you… Hugs ❤❤

Try to some how carve out some alone time to just be. With 4 children I realize that is difficult.
Are you married and have a significant other? Maybe they could stay with the children while they are napping so you could do something for just you. Even if only a hot, peaceful bath.

My ex-husband was/is an alcoholic. I was molested by my paternal grandfather as a child. My mother was obsessed with a clean hous e. My ex was verbally, mentally and emotionally abusive to me and our boys.
My boys are now 40, 38 and 31. We have all survived the craziness but not without major scars.
I am now a grandmother to 11 wonderful children who if nothing else have loving parents.
I have found that things usually work out for the good of everyone but getting there can be a real challenge.
Keep putting one foot in front of the other, one step at a time, you will get there.
The people here can be a wonderful part of your support system.

I am married to the most wonderful wife. She allows me all the alone time i ask for, within reason. I am actually not allowed to be alone with the children until my episodes get better.
I am sorry to hear what has happened to you. I am glad you were able to get away though.