Translate

Wish there was a way to translate the other languages

1 Like

What do you mean? Do you mean translate the app INTO some other languages?

2 Likes

There has been a few people post in a different language. But how can we help them if don’t know what they are saying? Carezone needs a way to translate the message

2 Likes

I have no idea what this says

1 Like

I am a research linguist, and I recognize enough of this to be pretty sure it is not a legitimate post at all, but a bunch of gibberish. Google Translate indicates that “flygvapnet” is a form of the Swedish word for “air force”. ♏ (in a blue circle there instead of a purple square) is the symbol for the constellation Scorpio, corresponding to the word just before it, “Skorpio”. “Soccer” is obvious, and what’s around it looks like part of a report of a soccer match. And so on. Ignore it, it’s meaningless.

Yes, those are Swedish and they look genuine, especially the 2nd one. But that doesn’t change my opinion of the first one.

1 Like

I wish Carezone had a way to translate them like Facebook and Google. So others could understand them. Your one of the lucky ones

There is a way, it’s just not built in to the app. On my Android S-10 I tapped your reply, and then “Select all” on the menu that came up. That brought up another menu, where I tapped the vertical 3 dots and then “Translate”. That opened a copy of your post in Google Translate. It came up with the language I’d translated most recently, so I selected English as the input language and Spanish for output. Here’s the input

I wish Carezone had a way to translate them like Facebook and Google. So others could understand them. Your one of the lucky ones

and here’s the output:

Desearía que Carezone tuviera una manera de traducirlos como Facebook y Google. Para que otros puedan entenderlos. Tu eres uno de los afortunados

My Spanish is far from perfect, but that looks to me like a pretty good translation.

If this doesn’t work for you, copy the text you want to translate, open Google Translate (http://translate.Google.com), select “Identify Language” for input if you don’t know what it is, and “English” for output, and paste the text into the top box.

I just tried this with one of the two posts in your 2nd post. It wasn’t hard to guess that “Hygien” is Swedish for “hygiene”. We don’t have a community with that name, but “Healthy living” looked like a good bet, and it was: the top post was Delfin82’s, the one I was looking for. I put it into G.T. and here’s what came out:

Yes I 🙋 usually walk around hygienic also in the middle of all the misery

I don’t know whether “hygienisk” means “healthy” as well as “hygienic” in Swedish, but it isn’t hard to guess the meaning in context:it looks like they’re saying that they’re healthy even when a lot of people are sick.
On the other hand, I have no idea what they’re responding to. They started with “Ja” = “Yes”, but the post isn’t marked as a reply to anyone, which is weird. It was posted 2 days ago, and no post in the past seventy-some days seems at all relevant.

Anyway, I hope this method of translation works for you when you encounter posts in other languages.

1 Like

Thank you.