Track bowel movements

Agree! My son has constipation, so tracking his BMs would be of great help to us!

5 Likes

Hi there! I’m Emily; I work at CareZone.

This is a great suggestion for a tracker! When you track bowel movements what info are you tracking (frequency, color, consistency, etc.)?

Thanks for your input!

5 Likes

Yes, frequency, color, consistency. Maybe others may have other info they could add that would be important. Thanks for responding.

6 Likes

We’re interested in mainly frequency, but I think we’d find consistency and maybe volume (small, medium,large) helpful too.

5 Likes

I have extreme constipation. I would like to track frequency, and medication I took for example stool softeners.

5 Likes

I really like this. I have had two biel obstructions in the last 3 years due to the side effects of medications. Doctors always ask me when mg last BM was. Since I don’t have one on a regular basis it is really hard for me to remember.

2 Likes

Frequency, size/amount, consistency. Also would be good to be able to link to laxative dosage.

2 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Yes track bowel movements. Also not having to repeat tapping screen for medication reminders.

3 Likes

I work in an industry where these are tracked daily and the Bristol stool scale is used. It would be a great place for you guys to work from.

3 Likes

I have irregularity in my habits mostly diarrhea I can not have Dairy and many other foods. It would be a good idea to keep track of them! ❤️

2 Likes

Most doctors want to know size was it small, was it a large amount besides frequency, or color.
They may want to know if it is greasy looking, does it small foul or normal.
Dose it have undigested food in.
It can tell a doctor a lot by those things.

3 Likes

This is a great idea!

2 Likes

I have Crohn’s and Type 2 Diabetes it’s hard tracking both and having to use 2 apps.

3 Likes

If your going to add a stool tracker familiarize yourself with the Bristol Stool Chart also known as the Meyers Scale. These are the types of things the doctor will ask and they will also want to know if the stool contains blood or mucus.

3 Likes

To be able to have more trackers would be helpful. This is a good app. We have to track my son’s bowel movement, water intake, and what foods he eats.

3 Likes

Agree I’m on meds that bind me up and I can’t go. So knowing how often and even soft firm hard or diarrhea would be great info to share with the doc to manage this

3 Likes

Yes those are good suggestions also

3 Likes

That would be great if this app could incorporate that feature. I have diverticulitis & sigmoid colitis. When visiting my GI doctor it can be difficult to remember how many times in a day i go to the bathroom to pass a BM or what the BM looks like.

3 Likes

Yes please! Even just a place for notes and the time would be very useful for many people. IBS, Crohn’s, cancer, constipation, even just traveller’s diarrhea in case it turns out to be something permanent.
Track blood, consistency, frequency, and pain levels.

2 Likes