TIA's

How severe or how many TIA’s do you need for your spouse to not comment that it was a little thing to not worry about,?

1 Like

Just had one 2days ago

1 Like

TIAs are NOT a small thing! Maybe you could go online and get some links to show your spouse. It’s difficult to believe your spouse is being so dismissive. This could be a warning signal of something more serious down the road without intervention. Perhaps your doctor can educate your spouse on your behalf.

2 Likes

I have small strokes in my brain that causes memory loss and attention issues as 1/2 my jaw is numb from damage. Not an easy thing to come back from so speaking as a stroke victim…nothing is ‘no big deal’

2 Likes

My doctors act as if TIA aren’t anything to worry about. I was told they are not strokes that they mimic small strokes. I previously had CVA and the doctor has it down as resolved but active TIA. Constant numbness on left side causing me to fall a lot when my left side goes completely paralyzed. Also have refractory tonic seizures. At times I have to use a cane to walk due to the overwhelming dizziness that seems to never go go away. My spouse too doesn’t take it seriously. I’m on this journey or new life all alone. There’s no point in mentioning anything from a doctor visit or episodes or just how I’m feeling. He doesn’t get it so he can’t understand it. He just stays frustrated that it takes me a bit longer to process information and then I’ll forget it twenty minutes later. He laughs at the cane because I don’t use it at all times. He understands there is something wrong with my brain but basically doesn’t want to hear anything about it unless I’m fixed. So I feel for you. TIA is something of a big deal. It can scar brain matter creating lesions that allow electrons to emit like a wildfire spreading. It can limit mobility and cause incredible nerve pain. Your spouse would know this by doing a little googling on the matter. My husband won’t bother to do that so good
luck and know that you know. No one but you can handle it anyway. Lack of support seems to be prevalent when it comes to these types of illness that most people don’t understand unless it happens to them. Have you had an EEG? If not have your neurologist order one right away. You need to know if there are abnormal brain waves and patterns.