Suggestions for weight loss with Hypothyroidism

Hello, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism back in 2006. I’m finally getting my meds under control. Do any have trouble losing weight?? Thanks in advance 😉

4 Likes

I too have hypothyroidism amongst many other ailments, I find it difficult to loose weight, but by cutting out sugary sodas and drinks, replacing my snacks with fruit or veggies, and keeping track of my serving sizes, I have lost about 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I am obese and plan to have gastric bypass surgery in about 5 months depending on how COVID19 affects my appointments leading up to the surgery.

4 Likes

Thank you for responding. I didn’t realize how serious the condition was on until I went into the hospital. I haven’t been take my medication as planned. Now I have a reminder to take the pill every day. I will limit my sugar intake like you suggested. Good luck with surgery 😉

2 Likes

Thank you!
I use the app MyFitnessPal
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myfitnesspal.android
To help track what I eat as well as my weight, water, and exercise…

4 Likes

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/hypothyroidism-diet

2 Likes

I suffer from the same thing but mine is from not having one. Mine had to be removed because of a cyst 4 yrs ago. I am also Diabetic. I follow a Dirty Keto Diet because I am on 2 different Insulins and have to have some complex carbs. Walking around the block has helped me

2 Likes

Thank you. I will give that app a try.

2 Likes

Dirty Keto? I will have to look into that. I had radiation iodine to remove mines back in 2007.

2 Likes

It’s called Dirty Keto because you eat things that someone following the Keto Diet doesn’t. Most people following the Keto Diet don’t eat bread, or crackers for example but on the dirty keto you can in small amounts. I have lots of Keto recipes that I bought that I would be willing to share but the only way to share unfortunately is by email. These Cookbooks cost me $30 in the end.
ladyrancher74@gmail.com

2 Likes

Thank you. I just emailed you 😀

Good morning. Did you get my email???

Yes I’m having a lot of trouble losing weight. Cant get my meds under control. I have Hoshomotos. ,I love to walk but can’t now. I do lose weight but it comes right back.