Struggling... I have ADD, Bipolar Disorder & Anxiety

Hey guys. I have been off of meds for almost a year now. I’m just getting back of them. I’m Bipolar so often have low lows and Manic the next. I legit have this social anxiety about talking on the phone, and typing anything. I legit can’t text due to the anxiety. This really effects my friendship and relationships. I’m not ignoring people, I just can’t text. My doctor has me on a lot of meds. Has anyone had any luck with the combination Adderall, Lexapro, Abilify, Lamictal & Propanol?

1 Like

Well the meds are one thing i take propanol amitriptyline busbar prochlorperazine and that’s a lot a couple more that I can’t remember so be careful and watch because all these will affect your liver and kidneys treating one thing to cause another ailment when we’re dealing with and emotional or mental issue then turns into a physical dependency then we’re stuck look into some herbs or something else natural gas to be a better way just my opinion good luck and God bless you

2 Likes

And I feel your pain

2 Likes

Adderall had me up for 3 days. Will never take again.

2 Likes

Hello. I know how you feel about not wanting to take medications; I get tired of it too! However, one would never think of asking/judging a person that has to use insulin to have them not take their medication. It’s the same way with most of us that are on psychoactive medications. I went through times when I thought that I that I didn’t really need my medications. And I quit taking them, that was not a good choice! I tend to end up in the hospital when I stop taking my medications. After many years and many trials, I have learned that I do need my medications and to not mess with them without talking to my psychiatrist. This is what he gets paid for. I have learned to work with him and to speak up about any concerns over medications.

2 Likes

Yea that’s way too much. I recommend getting into the out psychiatric sector. I was on a bunch of stuff and they took me off alot of it and now I only take a few meds and I am able to function alot better than I used to. I still don’t do alot of socializing but I am able to stay in touch with my family and friends. I’m surprised being on that many mood stabilizers and anti psychotics that ur able to function at all.

1 Like

We all need to understand that medication is different for everybody. one may work on one person but completely different on another person. you can’t go by other people’s reactions to medication. If you did not do well when you were not taking them then obviously you need some. As you stabilized, talk to your psychiatrist about trying to cut down on one to see how things go. Work with your doctor. If you get a bad side effect then you can get off of that one and try a different one. There is no one-size-fits-all. Good luck my friend and may God bless you.

1 Like