Soo I need help

I found out in January that I have hiv1 and my hair and nails have both stopped growing it really irritating to me because my nails are brittle and thin my hair thinned out bad… anyone have any ideas on how to get the growth back

1 Like

To whom it may concern go to the chase brexton Clinic and ask to see a doctor and tell them that you have HIV and you need therapy

1 Like

I live in Maine and I don’t think they are around here

1 Like

vitamin C take Vitamin C 3 times a day

1 Like

I can give some Advice

1 Like

Yes you can give me some advice

1 Like

I’m going to tell you a Dr that Help Magic Johnson Pro Basketball player with his HIV . You need to take this very Serious.

1 Like

Ok and I am taking everything to do with my HIV very seriously

3 Likes

I’m going to give you my Number (831) 262-7524 call me in 1 hr

1 Like

Hello you still interested

1 Like

Hello bratmom how are you doing

1 Like

You should discuss this with your doctor. If you are on HIV meds you should be getting regular labs. It could be a side effect of the meds you are on. If you are not on meds than seek that ASAP. A low CD4 count allows for all types of viral and bacterial infection some of which can cause these issues. I’m on Odefsey and have little to no side effects. I’ve been on it for many years though. So any side effect has tapered away at this point. All but the brittle nail issue. I have ridges on my nails but that is a side effect of many medicines and OTC’s. Haven’t yet found anything to combat that. I’ve been positive since 2001. After getting on meds I’ve been undetectable with a high CD4 ever since. Stay on the meds, switch if needed, and keep the lab and follow up appointments regularly. With HIV you want to always know your numbers and avoid places where illness is passed easily.

1 Like

What state are you in?

I’m in Maine and I’ve been on meds since I found out I’m on genvoyaAnd that is working very well for me

325mg Iron tablet daily drink plenty of water. Eat or drink plenty of dark green leafy vegetables.
Vitamin E capsules are great to have in your daily regimen too for immune hair and nails

Take Vitamin C it worked for me