So happy to be a part of this community. Have a question?

So happy to be a part of this community. Have a question?
I was on social security since 2011. Then 2 years ago did ticket to work and started my journey back to full time work. I was turning in my paperwork (paycheck stubs, any raises received. Etc.) to Social Security.
Well I was just hit with a $9,815.00 bill from them claiming they over paid me and it’s all due by January 20th. I am a mess needless to say.

2 Likes

You have 2 options: Get to a lawyer ASAP or call Social Security & tell them you don’t have the money. They would most likely make payment arrangements with you

2 Likes

Thank you Donna.
Appreciate your advice.

3 Likes

You don’t have utopia state your age but contacting the AARP Association and see if they can direct you to someone. If you need an attorney they may have one at lower rate. I am sure you are overwhelmed about the. situation. Prayers sent to you

2 Likes

I have ticket to work and up till now was afraid to use. I was my body would not hold . My boys would always so it will mess my monthly check and I loos my bennits I’m not read

2 Likes

That’s awful, they done that to a friend of mine.

2 Likes

Thank you

I went through The same! I did everything right and still had a overpayment. They allowed me to pay $75 a month and they took it right out of my SSI. They will work with you on what you can afford just call them. You can’t change it so u should just accept ita nd stay calm and give them a call.

1 Like

And what happened is everything good now

1 Like

Yeah that happened to me too

1 Like

Yes finally after a year it’s paid back

1 Like

That’s good

1 Like

You no you can only a certain amount of hours a week

1 Like

I no longer get any social security. They took all of that away from me. I receive nothing. But still owe $9,815.00.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t have time I am in shape or form had to saybleep $ is always a free until your kind of on your feet Smile tell them you will pay them 1l0 percent in full you are in poor health to settle or they will get nothing at all, then send a ]payment blank amount of of percent of agree ment on . Smile It will work you have to work it pull it in side you pull ait on them.

They can not demand all at once call them and set up a repayment plan (And) stick to it or they take tax income . My son is doing it the hard way instead of sitting up a payment plan.

That happened to me because after getting laid off I went back to work. But when I talked to them they let me pay it off monthly. I finally after many month received the letter that it was paid off and that my SSA was increased by $100.

Why I feel for you I’ve been going through the years since SSINS3 civilities since 1998 and the working situation and everything going through that all the programs and I have never and had to fight for the money. I siccation continue to work security sources secure spot and continue fighting for what you need and do what you have to do. Reach out to the community don’t be ashamed get in bald with you with the Jewish community support them as much as you can give back to them and whatever if you can give to other people and see what happens I continue to sit until it for what you need and get us what you need for you and your husband God we’re OK fight. God bless you