So dang tired!

I’m sick and tired of being tired! As numerous as that may look written down, it’s not funny to live. While the other symptoms of my RA seem to be improving thanks to the Enbrel shots I’ve been taking for the past several months. The only one not improving is the level of exhaustion I’ve been battling. This is having a detrimental effect on my weight, which was already a huge challenge due to my spinal cord injury. Does anyone have any solid solutions for nearly nonstop exhaustion?
I’m trying to do as much exercise as I can, using my stationary hand cycle. I’m also trying to get out of the house as often as possible. Of course our winter weather hasn’t cooperated at all. Inch after inch of rain has been falling around here, for weeks. That

4 Likes

I too have RA & Receive infusions every other month, unfortunately was on an over 1 year break dut to multiple infections. & I due agree I 2 am and d. Being sick with a auto immune disease it’s hard on da body, no doubt. But here any come u need

2 Likes

Ok, so I accidentally hit the post button. 🙄 As I was starting to say, all the rain tends to keep me inside, and aching soooo much more, that tends to sends me back to bed. If I try to force myself to stay up, I find myself falling asleep in my wheelchair, which can lead to other issues. I’ve had boosting my caffeine intake, doubling down on my morning hot tea, and sometimes adding a couple bottles of Coke. It’s not helping. Before I close, I’m sleeping at least an average of 5+ hours a night.
Looking forward to ya’lls insights into how I can stay awake.

1 Like

I know how you guys feel about being tired. I am 46 years old and 3 years ago I was in a car accident. When I woke up in the hospital I had no idea what happened. I do not even know how and when I went to hospital. I just do not have no memory of anything. Anyways when I did wake up I got out of bed even with all the pain I was experiencing. when the people at hospital seen I was holding on to the wall to walk they ran over to me and put me back in the bed. I was later told that all the ribs on my right side was broke and t6, t7, t8 in my back is broke. They did not expect me to walk but I did prove them wrong. my spine has never healed. so I deal with so much pain everyday. my pain management Dr and my regular Dr has me on so much meds to try to keep me out of some of the pain. I stay tired and I just hate it. I have two kids one is 13 and the other is 8. my son has to help me a lot and I feel so bad about asking him for help for his sister.

1 Like

I do know about this pain coming from the spine, it can be debilitating all by itself, and yes, some of the meds can make you excessively tired, depending on which ones you are on, and how your body reacts to them. Here’s hoping we both find some relief.

1 Like

I’m right there with you!

2 Likes

Have you had a sleep study to determine whether there is another process at work, which may be making ypu tired? I know of several sleep disturbances that may have and not realize it. This may be an ave5for consideration. Hoping and praying that you get the rest you need and experience full wakefulness.

4 Likes

My annual evaluation in the spinal cord clinic is coming up in early April. I’ll ask my N.P., and my doctor if they think it’s of use at this time. I’ve been trying to think of other causes that could be contributing to it. So far I’ve been coming up blank. Sometimes I wonder if it’s a form of narcolepsy.

2 Likes

There are other sleep disorders besides narcolepsy, but that is what I was getting at in suggesting a sleep study.

1 Like

I have been involved in a research program for 5 years. No shots just 40 mg LY3009104 (Baricitmib) (Oral Pill) Each morning. No flairs in 2 years since I went from 20 mg to 40 mg.

RA exhaustion is also related to food. I changed my diet to foods I used to hate it love now. Such as Broccoli, really great for curbing RA as is many other foods. No meat on 4 legs. Seafood or fowl (chicken/turkey) or alligator because its white meat.
A nurse suggested I buy OTC vitamin B12 which greatly improved energy with a daily vitamin. I now get a testosterone shot every two weeks because certain foods deplete it as well as age (I’m 67). So do as I did, research foods good for RA, use coconut oil because others change viscosity and set off RA.
Best wishes and rest luck.

1 Like

Thank for the info. I’m going to message my rheumatologist, and ask her about that research program, and her opinion about adding more B12, I already take a very good multivitamin daily. As far as the coconut oil goes, I’m allergic to anything coconut. I’ll look into the link between RA and vegetables like broccoli, because I like that vegetable family.

Hi, I’m going through the same thing I go out in the air and it will wake you up. I’ll pray that God well give you strength.🙏💐🙋

Get your umbrella and go on out side.🌂