Sleep?

I try to maintain a routine for bed. I sleep with a mask I put lavender oil on it and my pillow to help induce sleep. I also take meds to help induce rest. I do as much to distress as I can I color till I can no longer keep my eyes open then I shut off my phone and lay down. Sleep for an hour maybe two if I’m lucky then I’m up again.

2 Likes

Do you have a hard time shutting your brain off? Or is an anxiety thing?

2 Likes

I’ve always had this my whole life sometimes I sleep good and then others times I’m lucky if I sleep a few hours. One of my main stressors is leaving on Tuesday morning for Boston and not coming back. It’s my daughter. She’s going to be 28 in November but acts like a 2 yr old and expects me to do everything for her NOT!!! When she’s gone then it’s just the love of my life and I. Then we can settle into a routine of some kind and get comfortable.it’s going to take a month to get this place inot shape after she’s out of here. Maybe I can wear myself out enough to sleep during that time. If not I can always power nap. Lol

1 Like

Well I hope things do get better

1 Like

I’m hoping her moving back to Boston is going to help. I do take meds to help with sleep and if I’m having a real problem I use a little bit of mm.

1 Like

I also have problems with sleeping. I take medicine for it but I’m like you. It’s takes until I can no longer keep my eyes open. That’s where I fall asleep and it’s always for a few hours. I understand your feeling.

Meds don’t always work and mm works if I get the right strain but it’s expensive. And right this minute the added stress of my daughter don’t help a bit. I do turn off my movies and everything at a certain time but tonight im on just a bit later, but I’m not watching a movie or anything that will keep me too active and awake I’m coloring and I will do this till I can’t keep my eyes open any more. Then I will shut off everything I have to have noise and for this my mate keeps his phone on and listens to his favorite shows all night. Should his phone go off I will wake up. Shortly after he leaves in the morning wake like as he’s backing out the yard. Lol

2 Likes

I really understand. Sometimes I also get stressed about my children. Even though the are grown I still worry and they share their ups and downs. The ups are good the downs are crazy. I’m close to my children so they are comfortable to come to me with anything. I try to help but sometimes it stresses me. Which in turn leaves me with being not able to fall asleep at times. Other than that I have nights where I color, listen to comforting music or playing a game on my phone or reading something. But just like you the slightest thing can wake me and then that’s it. Lordy I’m up and there’s no going back to sleep. It’s nice being able to speak with someone who understands. Thank you and have a blessed day🌹

After she’s gone back to her dad and not my problem any more then all of the stress will be gone and I can relax and just worry about my sweetheart. He has sleep issues also but he sleeps better than I do most nights. I live in Florida so the weather is most always great for me. This sleep thing I’ve been dealing with for my whole life it just gets worse when stressed and that is about to come to an end. Thank the Lord above. Hopefully that will end this cycle and start a new one. I’m always here and willing to talk. After tomorrow I will be able to talk without having someone listening in to what I’m talking about. Be blessed

1 Like