Sleep problem

I have sciatica nerve in my back on my right side that prevent me from getting a good night sleep all I do is toss and turn my left ankle and I had surgery on it three times and it still giving me problem I have this burning sensation in my left ankle my left ankle is tight and it hurts really bad all I do is just tossed and turn I don’t know what else to do but I’m not going back through the surgery anymore it gives me chronic pain pressure goes up high and besides that I’m just so stressed out so depressed the depression medicine that I got does not help no medicine helps my body because I’m not the type of person that really take medicine so that’s what my body does not take the medicine to help me feel a little better so therefore all the medicine that my doctor prescribed to me I take it but it does not help eliminate none of the pain it does that help me with the depression of anything so I am so depressed and so stressed out so therefore I’m just going to take each day at a time

3 Likes

I know how u feel i be in a lot of pain a lot of friends use bio freeze u can order it on ebay or might find it at Wal-Mart or get max freeze

3 Likes

Have you tried massage therapy? My wife had sciatic pain as well and had one session of massage which helped her tremendously.

1 Like

Bio Frezze works wonders and is available at Walmart and any Pharmacy. They have a gel, cream, roll on and now they have Patches

2 Likes

We are only given one day at a time to handle. To live life one day at a time, to me, is scripturaly sound. For it was Jesus that taught us to take no heed of tomorrow because He said that sufficient each day is the evil thereof. I do understand how disheartening long term chronic pain is, as I too suffer with sciatic nerve pain going down my left leg. My sleep is interrupted by pain on a nightly basis; getting 4 to 5 hours sleep at a time. I wish you well with your pain issues.

3 Likes

I’m sorry for your constant pain. I also have been dealing with constant pain and my pcp has at least helped with my sleep. Since being put on amitriptyline I stay asleep once I crash. I never had problems getting to sleep because of exhaustion but the pain always woke me 2 to 4 hours later. Amitriptyline has many uses but it’s been the only one to help me sleep through the night at lower doses. Higher doses just made me dizzy all the time. You might Google it and if it sounds good to you, suggest it to your pcp for a test run. Hope it helps if you do. Sleep now is the only time I’m not in pain and I look forward to it. No matter what you as well as others who have replied do, I wish you all the best of luck. Once I started getting a full night of sleep, the depression lightened. (Although it’s never gone completely). Take care and I wish you the best.

1 Like

I use bio freeze as well. I also do meditation and relaxation, although it took me a long time to find the right combination to help with my pain. Try different things until one helps just a little, then try more. Good luck and please come back and share how it it going…

Protherapy online biofreeze in large bottles at a great price too. I order it there they have it in gel and spray. It works great. If you get some at Walmart and find it works try protherapy.com. The 32 oz lasts me forever. I order it and a spray. Together it’s less than $50. And I have relief for nearly 9 months.

Be careful with taking sleeping pills, medications affect everyone differently so if put on any sleeping pills make sure to do a trial run! Amitriptyline was one of the meds my Doctor tried me on along with several others in which we found I could not take. All the sleeping pills that I had tried caused me to sleep walk and injuring myself, one time my Husband believes that I had gone out and drove our vehicle, our vehicle my Husband had backed into the driveway when he came home from work, when he got up next morning the car was turned around!

2 Likes

Most definitely! I was started on a very small dose. At my pharmacist recommendation, I read everything on it that I could and was super cautious. I also found when I realized it helped, when upped dosage to much it made me dizzy all the time. Running into walls,tripping over my own feet. I immediately cut pill in half and reported it to my pcp. As with any medication,you should always as questions and read info sent with meds and if possible, Google it. Thanks for bringing that point up. It is VERY important!

1 Like

I get Bio-Freeze PROFESSIONAL thru my chiropractor. Works even better than regular Bio-Freeze.

You can also find BF Pro on Amazon.com.

1 Like

I will have to check into that Thanks