Sleep challenges and remedies

We bought a Casper mattress from Costco and black out shades for the windows in our bedroom. Also, I take 25mg of trazadone before bed (1/2 the 50mg I’m prescribed). It knocks me out in 15min or so. This has helped tremendously.

1 Like

I use blue screen controls… I have to use the phone and tablet as I am on call much of time 24 /7. I have started using 5 mg of CBD oil drops that helps when I need it only. Also use a EZ spray PM when I need to. It contains melatonin and some other herbs that helps. The pills do not work until early morning and than leave me groggy.

I’m very good at sleeping, before bedtime I brush my teeth and calm my thoughts. I take my night time medicine, get comfy and relax and close my eyes. The more busy I am during the day the faster I fall sleep.

Also I’m very new to this app. I just created my account, so hopefully I won’t miss another dosage of my meds. My meds are important, but sometimes I forget to take them.

Can you tell me the name brand of the CBD oil and which one in particular you use, thank you

Hi I thought that you could only do one or the other

I use Hempworx! I only need the 500 mg bottle.
www.love-my-cbd.com

1 Like

Turn off all electronic devices and television to minimize blue light exposure. Reading a book or magazine helps also

1 Like

I have a rule that I don’t think about troubling things after 9pm. I take my meds while I watch a TV show. Not the late night shows with loud music and loud laughter.

Not understanding your reply

Put down your screens. LED screens effect sleep more than OLED. Don’t lie in bed if your not trying to sleep. If you need a little help getting sleepy, read or listen to music. Melatonin helps but or can become ineffective if you use it to often.

1 Like

As for getting a good night’s sleep, I find it helpful to 1) not have a TV in the bedroom, 2) not eat in the bedroom, and 3) keep the bedroom as dark as possible. Keep the bedroom as a pkace of sleep and quiet: not a dining room or place of entertainment. And get rid of cell phone and radio lights.

1 Like

Since gifted my Fitbit, I have set up bed time at 10:00 pm and try 99.9% of the time to get there. My 7:30 am is my goal for rising but usually awake awhile before that. My mind is clearer and I’m a lot more level headed. The face that I joined a chair yoga class 3x week is a plus as I’m no longer sedentary every day.

Light snack 1 hour and stay away from computer screen for at least 45 minutes before going to bed. Get into the habit of reading a nice book while in bed. Do not use computer/laptop/cellphone in bed.

The best way for me to sleep is under my electric blanket with a fan blowing right next to my bed, so my body is warm but I breathe in cool, or cold air. One time I woke up at 2:15, and didn’t understand why until I looked down and saw that my electric blanket had turned off. I turned it back on and fell fast asleep very quickly, which quickly is unusual for me.

I listen to thunderstorms sounds on utube and it helps me fall asleep faster and longer and feel more energy when I wake up the next morning

Breathing like that if you are stressed or panicking is helpful, that’s cool that it helps for sleep. I’ve been doing it for years it’s also called deep breathing or box breathing and has plenty benefits for your overall health

I turn my white lights down or off completely and change my light strip to a red color (like sunset deep red, I have a philips hue light that is really offensive bright light at night and keeps me awake) i turn on something on the tv, an uninteresting show like king of the hill or something relatively quiet. When you have the tv use the sleep timer on the tv menu for an hour or more (the sleep timer leaves the tv on for a set amount of time- usually in minutes: 15, 30, 60,90,120 and after the sleep timer is up then shuts off the power) and to fall asleep nicely just turn down the volume to very low, the tv will be very bright and annoying to fall asleep to-to help this go to the tv menu and change the tv’s color/brightness to low light or dim light.

I have a battery operated candle on my nightstand. It creates a warm and relaxing atmosphere, and the flickering flame helps me fall asleep quickly.
I found a nice one at Walmart for only $4.

I start listening to calming music while I am taking a shower and I keep playing it until shortly before I go to sleep for the night, I also rub lotion on my body after I get out of the shower that has Lavender and Chamomile In it and it helps to relax me

What i do to sleep is use my CPAP and take my meds that
Helps me sometimes and if
I read or watch biblical video’s.
That helps alot.