Sexual assault

Has any other woman been sexually assaulted or is it just me? I haven’t been myself since the assault and it’s taken me about 3 months to realize I was sexually assaulted and that it wasn’t my fault. Am I the only one that feels this way? It’s really hard for my family tho realize that I was abused by this person and not something that I wanted to do.

5 Likes

Sexual assault is nothing to be ashamed of. No you are not alone. I was by by Uncle when 13 and by serval different men since then
Including my EX Husband

2 Likes

I don’t even know what to do…😭😭

1 Like

My daughter was sexually assaulted in high school, and a lot of people do not get it. Some in-law family (that have also been sexually assaulted think she should be ‘over it’ just because she is over it!!
I am sorry you are struggling with this. I hope you are talking it out with someone. My daughter is still seeing a therapist- it helps her.

1 Like

Try talking to your Dr.

I found out at Christmas that my daughter had been sexually ass. By her dad her whole life. He wasn’t supposed to have any contact with her until she was 18 but because the kids loved with his Sister she let him but kept them away from me. His Sister and I was supposed to have joint custody after he abused me and both kids and then had sex with our 14 yr old Babysitter who ended up pregnant. It was court ordered that he sign away all his rights to the kids. Things were going good between his sister and me for a while then the job I had working for 7 Eleven I had to work weekends. And I lived a hour away from them . She decided to start keeping kids away from me when I was off by going out of town. I couldn’t afford another lawyer to take her to court

1 Like

There are a few things one should know about sexual assault: (1) it is never the victim’s fault; (2) it has nothing to do with sex/sexuality it has to do with power; there is nothing to be ashamed of; (3) it’s okay to know your truth and share it as you see fit; (4) usually, the behavior of sexual assault is illegal and bringing charges against the offender is appropriate; (5) it’s okay to reclaim power over your life; and (6) it’s okay to get help in dealing with your sexual assault and any issues that the incident may have brought to the fore. Sending prayers for your quick and complete recovery.

7 Likes

Also, I am a survivor of childhood/adult sexual abuse. Therefore, I want you to know you are not alone. I know from professional and personal experience that one in four females either have or be sexually abused. I also want you to know that you can get assistance in dealing with this traumatic life event and not just survive but learn to thrive!

3 Likes

Call police and make a report.

3 Likes

Are their any women’s shelters that have resources to help with the expenses of taking your sister-in-law back to court so he cannot have access to your children any more?

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your situation . I am a retired law enforcment officer , no and i mean no female should have to go thru this never ever give up , file that police repot andget help . see a therapist for help . remember who you are . you are an empowered woman you were violated of your right to be free from abuse and sexual assult . file a police report that the very 1st thing towards your recovery .

3 Likes

What is the relationship of this person to you? Are they in a position of power over you? In other words is this person a boss, doctor, minister, etc.? Either way it is NOT your fault. I am a survivor and I know from experience that this does NOT have to define you, but is a heinous crime. You are not less of a person.

1 Like

It’s not that simple

1 Like

I know its nt that simple, I was molested when I was 8 by a family member & I was the one lying. Its caused some problems n my sex life til this day. I’ll keep praying for u

1 Like

My kids are both grown now. 23 and 19. I’m working on getting a place for them to come stay with me for a fresh start in New York

2 Likes

Maybe once you all get settled you could look into a therapist to talk things out. I know keeping things bottled up and acting as if nothing happened is not healthy for future relationships or for just simply trusting the right people. Keep us posted on how things are going for you once everyone is settled and off on the new start.

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Goggle RAINN. It is somewhat of a crisis line for people that have been raped, abused and had incestual abuse. We refer people at the crisis call center with these exact issues and they are specifically trained to help people that have suffered in this way. I pray for you my friend.

Where r u from ?

Northwest Ohio

1 Like