See saw weight

This seesaw weight loss is getting to me… started a diet 4 weeks ago…
Week 1… Gained 2 lbs
Week 2…lost 2 lbs
Week 3…lost 2 lbs
Week 4…Gained 1lb
I’m exercising so I know I will gain wait but I should of lost at least 5 lbs… Not liking it at all

3 Likes

Muscle weights more than fat , so the first few months you will go up and down, but you will not loss weight if you stick with it!

3 Likes

You might try using body measurements since those will change even if your weight fluctuates.

4 Likes

Your at a plateau… I went to weight watchers for 2 years and did it EXACTLY like the program said and lost 168 lbs to take me from 301 to 135… On the way Dow after I hit about 175 and I was majority exercising daily I would do the same thing…you HAVE to watch what your eating…the weight WILL go down…right now its called a plateau as its like stuck, but if you keep up the exercise and diet in a week or two hang in there it WILL come off. Sometimes it would take me 4 weeks or so for the plateau to drop…so Don’t give up!! Your hard work WILL pay off its just a stage in dieting…I plateaued all the way from 175 to 135 off and on losing up to 2 lbs sometimes a week but more like 1.5 or 1 lb a week…it was slow but it worked…and its all about the diet…what diet are you on? Good luck and NEVER GIVER UP!! NOT FOR ANYTHING OR ANYBODY!# GOD BLESS YOU!!🐸

5 Likes

I do the same thing sometimes every day. Bu it is also the way you eat and how much of what you eat.

3 Likes

You do plateau and you will gain muscle if exercising.
Are you drinking water? That is a must! Eating veggies? Changing the flour in bake goods? Multi grain or wheat instead of white .

Like a suggestion earlier due measurements, weight…
A Fellow Veteran I counselor on Weight Management is having the same problem w Her last 15lbs.
But her clothes are loose.
Even several times during the period of cutting back and
changing habits she noticed the clothes fitting better even if scale wasnt budging yet.
Dont use the word “diet”
Sometimes our minds play tricks on us.
Try " getting healthier" “changing lifestyle”

The veteran started at
235 size 26 in September 2018
200 size 22 in December 2018
Added gym 3-4 x a week
Reduced snacking / soda
160 size 16 in May 2019
135 size 14 Aug Sept 2019
With more
As you can see she became more serious and determined.
Also if weight isnt changing
Check w your dr and have them run Blood panels sometimes your thyroid or pituatary gland can be sluggish.

Dont give up 😁💜

2 Likes

I meant to say you would lose weight if you stick to it!

1 Like

Congratulations on your incredible accomplishment. My sister is about 4 months into WW and I’m sharing your story with her. She is down about 30 pounds and is dedicated to losing a bunch.

1 Like

WW is an awesome program IF you follow it! You Definatley will lose the weight and your appitite WILL diminish so she will eat much smaller portions the smaller she gets…she will just eat healthier…congrats on her 30 lb weight loss that’s teriffic!! Keep up the good work and my mantra is NEVER QUIT!!😀

1 Like

You have lost more than you gained.

Walk more. Even 5 min per day will make a difference. Stand up tall.

Every journey is different. I have gotten rid of weight… 50 lbs. I do not lose every week. I keep tracking.

1 Like

What kind of diet? I have been on see saw diets on and off my whole life with the same results as you appear to be having. I went to a dietian Dr. and he put me on a 30 carb diet. I get plenty to eat as I eat very little carbs but a variety of deli meats, cheeses, and a variety of above ground vegetables.

1 Like

It is a loss and gain situation. Even when one works out. You dont want to loss but 2lbs a week. You dont want to shock your body. Go slow dont ruch it. It is sage that way.

1 Like

Safe that way

1 Like

Many people struggle with their journey to lose weight. Some become obsessed with it. I’ve found I do better by NOT concentrating on if I’ve lost weight as much as do I feel fit and how are my clothes fitting. There is a danger when our bodies reject certain diets when we bounce from one to another. Some people think they need to lose weight when actually they only need to maintain to stay fit.

You might consider seeing your doctor to see if you are at a healthy weight for yourself. .

2 Likes

Use MyfitnessPal and track your macros.