Scoliosis

Hello, my name’s Makayla n I’m 20 years old w/ scoliosis. N I honestly cant remember wen I was diagnosed with it but it’s been at least 2 years or longer.

2 Likes

Hi Makayla, it’s nice to meet you. I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was young too (at age 13). Does your condition cause you to have pain or any other symptoms? Also, did you doctor share what degree scoliosis you have, or any treatment? I’m here if you ever need a friend or someone to talk to about scoliosis. Please reach out anytime!

3 Likes

@missyann Hi again! I replied to you in the Pain Community earlier. This is the topic I wanted to share with you if you’d like to keep in touch. I’m hoping we can meet others with scoliosis too and offer help and support to one another. Hope to hear from you!

1 Like

I was diagnosed with scoliosis at 5 years old

1 Like

I have it also. I was told at school. I don’t seek doctors or medications for it. But I do just deal with it like I deal with other mental health issues. But I don’t take meds for them. Can’t stand to be on anything.
I am here if u want to talk.

2 Likes

I was diagnosed when I was 13 I had back surgery I have been having pain ever since. my mom chose for me to to have surgery.

1 Like

I have undiagnosed scoliosis. If you wonder how that is, I don’t have pain from that & I have other diagnoses, including osteoporosis. I found out when I was doing an internship at a chiropractor’s office and had an x-ray done on my back. I was 53 at the time. Since I am considered a senior adult, I’m pretty sure there’s nothing that can be done if pain does start. I have more pain (pretty mild) from the osteoporosis than I do from the scoliosis.

As a teenager, I went to school with some kids who were diagnosed with scoliosis. They used a contraption that looked pretty uncomfortable. I think it was supposed to stretch their spine to get it back into better alignment.

1 Like

Same here. I knew I had it to a slight degree because they found it in MRI ten years ago. I had back pain, but it was unrelated. I had another MRI done last month, and it is now severe. I guess that explains why I am most comfortable leaning to one side while sitting. No pain so fair

2 Likes

I was diagnosed with it at a young age (Kindergartener) & it does cause some pain & discomfort but I’ve just had to pretty much deal with it. I’ve been told that seeing a chiropractor can help…

1 Like

Yes I get lots of pain but the doctor who dignosed me never gave me any treatment

N thank u.

Awwww thank u.

Thank u everyone

When I was about 30, a chiropractor had a kiosk at the mall where you stood with your legs on separate scales. I didn’t see it, but I guess if you have different weights, there’s a chance you have scoliosis, because the chiropractor asked if I had ever been told that I had scoliosis. I thought he was crazy at the time, but my right hip is about 2"-3" higher than my left, so I guess it wasn’t so crazy after all.

I strained/sprained my lumbar at work about 3 weeks ago. When they read the X-ray, they said they could hardly see the sprain/strain for all the osteoporosis & scoliosis.