Scared of taking anxiety medication

Why? If it’s going to help you take a chance. God knows what we’re going through believe and keep the faith and pray as much as possible. Jesus will never let us down that’s the purpose of him dieing on the cross. Eve messed that up for us and giving Adam some of it

1 Like

Luckily I’ve never been addicted to any meds. Every illegal drug, yes. I’ve been on xanax for my panic disorder since 2003. And thank God I have it! Is it a ER? Can I ask what med it is? I’m on 3 RXs mixed for my attacks, but the only thing that can stop them is good ole Xanax.

2 Likes

I was prescribed Xanax nearly twenty years ago, but at the time I could not afford it. Doc put me on Klonopin and have been on it for nearly twenty years. It is considered to be addictive. It’s in the same class as Xanax. I don’t find that it’s addictive at all. When I don’t have to leave the house I can forget to take it and don’t feel “the need” to have it. It doesn’t do the job alone though so Lamictal was added. Been on it for about three years now. Anxiety and depression are tough and the Rx only calms it to a breathable state. I have been on so many that I don’t think there’s and end all be all.

1 Like

I’m myself wondering if there’s an end to these attacks. I have to have Xanax on me at all times. And have 4 anxiety meds I take every morning and night. Sucks huh! I only take them as needed though. There are some days where I don’t take any. I kinda feel like a real person on those days. LOL

1 Like

I don’t remember how it is to feel myself. Without the meds I feel like I need to keep going and going, but on the meds I feel the same but confused. All the racing around and mind racing, rarely getting anything accomplished, keeps me active. I was told to practice meditation and yoga. My reply is that I have severe anxiety and my mind and body can’t stop or even slow down for a second. How can anyone with this disorder slow their mind down and hummmmm your way into calmness??? I feel like a lightning storm is in my head. Don’t get me started on the breathing exercises… it just doesn’t work for me.

2 Likes

Hi this is Sleona I was just wondering if anyone that is on or has taken Wellbutrin I was just put on it about three weeks ago in about a week ago I started having these bizarre vivid dreams?

2 Likes

hi i have been on wellbutrin for almost 5 weeks. i have weird and vivid dreams too but i have always had them.

1 Like

hello sorry for this very late reply. i have been on wellbutrin and gabapentin for about 4 or 5 weeks i was recently prescribed propranolol for when i have rapid heart rate before bed but i still have yet to take it

1 Like

All1013
I never remember my dreams until I started taking this medication for the last week I have been having crazy dreams and they seem so real and I can remember them?

1 Like

Pak0521
Did you experience some weird dreams and remember them while taking Wellbutrin?

oh i see. if the dreams are really bothering you you should probably tell your doctor or psychiatrist about it. my dreams are very vivid and easy to remember but the nightmares can be really intense.

1 Like

Ally1013
I guess it could be described as nightmares I just said dreams I have never had nightmares before and if I dream I never remember them

Thank you

OMG YES!! I was on it and my doctor took me off due to the dreams. They were hhorrible! One was someone coming in our house and cutting us all up, my son drowning in the bathtub, knives, etc. I finally told her but felt funny doing so as I thought I was losing my mind!! Evidently that can happen on that medication. I’m on something else now,Cymbalta , much better.

1 Like

I was also really scared to take meds cuz I was terrified of the side effects but it got to a point where I needed meds to function sadly. I have generalized anxiety disorder and I couldn’t function without meds. I lack serotonin in my brain badly so it has helped me.

1 Like

Thank you I’m still having bizarre and vivid dreams but the are not always scary just very weird that’s about the only side effect I’m having with the Wellbutrin

Yes, the dreams I had were really odd too, so out of the normal and I remembered them when I usually don’t. I would be obsessed about something in my dream. The scary ones were so vivid, when I told my doctor she took me off them. Much better now, but I do think you should let your doctor know.

1 Like

Tabcarson
I have a Dr appointment today and I will definitely be taking to the doctor about this medication I don’t like the dreams iv been having while on Wellbutrin and I really don’t like that I remember them.

1 Like

Hi, I was much the same about meds when I first started. But if the symptoms you have affect your life in negative ways then you probably need the medications you are prescribed by your doctor. It might help to keep a medical diary of everything. It is very helpful. I was told by several doctors that if you are taking a medication due to a real medical problem then you aren’t going to become addicted. You are aware of the dangers, monitor your journey and if you don’t need a medication or it is not working, then talk with your doctor. I used to always put away my own life and pretend everything was at least okay and was never completely honest about how bad I was feeling and I have finally found out that I need to help myself and be honest. Keep good open relationship with your doctor and work together to get you better.

2 Likes

I couldn’t survive without my anxiety meds. I’d probably still be in my closet with the door closed and my clothing pulled over me to hide from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. I’ve been taking ability for nearly 30 years. It’s a miracle drug for me. For me the benefits far outweigh the other option which was I took ALL my meds in an effort to kill myself. If God had not intervened I would have succeeded. Now I take lots of meds for lots of things but my head is so much better. Gentle hugs and much love

2 Likes