Scared about MRI results

Hi. I’m Rayn & I’ve got 2 MRI’s scheduled for this morning. I’ve had a sudden onset of them about a year and a half ago. I’ve also had focal seizures for 7 years now along with balance issues numbness in my face & my eyeballs hurt & a few extra fun things. An MRI done last November didn’t show any type of issue going on in my brain. The report was short & sweet. I had another 1 done recently in the ER in July that showed something new & rather large on or around my pineal gland. It’s right in the middle of my brain. I pray everyday that it’s going to be something that I haven’t had to be worrying about all this time after all. Unfortunately I’m terrified & cry a lot…

1 Like

It’s only natural for you to be scared to death and cry a lot. When I was diagnosed with cervical Cancer, I had a Hysterectomy and was scared to death, they would open me up to find that it had spread to other organs and I was going to die. Every surgery I have ever had, I worried and stressed and cried my self sick.
When my 25 year old daughter was diagnosed with a brain aneurysm behind her left eye, we were told the surgery would only take 10 hours and it took 15. We all thought the worst. My daughter survived. Praise the Lord.
To make this very long story shorter. We always think the worst, when we should think the best! If we have Positive energy, it effects our own ability to cope with a situation and possibly the outcome. I’m sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts your way! Please keep your chin up and please let us know. We care!

3 Likes

Hi Rayn. You are in my prayers. I had one done, and my results showed I have migraines. My dad has a growth on his brain, but the doctor won’t perform surgery unless the tumor enlarge anymore. Remember, “greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world” - 1 John 4:4 (KJV).

3 Likes

Rayn, my husband had a pituitary tumor the size of a golf ball in his head for approximately 10 to 12 years before they found it. Those are also in the middle if the head behind the eyes. It was benign. It did leave an indentation in his right temporal lobe of his brain that has since caused some issues, but knowing it wasn’t cancerous was a great relief for him because he was only 25 at the time.

3 Likes

I will pray for you. Have endured and survived stage 4 cancer struggles and fears. No one can say the right words to take away your fears. It’s okay to cry. Have faith.

3 Likes

Thank you for all your kind words and prayers for me I’m still really scared I’m hoping there’s nothing wrong for some reason I think there’s going to be but I’m trying to stay positive even though it’s hard most of the time but all of you made me feel better & know my faith and prayers will help guide me through this time that I’m so frightened of the possible outcome. I will keep everyone posted when I find out anything. Thank you. 😊😊😊

2 Likes

My neurologist last month had me get an MRI without contrast. Mostly normal results but they found evidence of a TIA in my cerebellum that happened to me in the 90s.

I’m glad I got the MRI because it ruled out other reasons I’m having chronic migraines about 20 times a month. It’s always better to be armed with as much knowledge as you can gather.