Restless leg syndrome

How about a group for restless leg syndrome. It seems more and more people are getting this or have this

5 Likes

My husband had that. It got so bad that we had to sleep in separate beds. I don’t know if I have it but my leg or legs start jerking then it goes into my arms sometimes hitting myself in the face. I havent had a seizure in over a year but perhaps these could be sleep seizers. I wish I could do something about them.

2 Likes

I have this. The doctors won’t give me anything for it. But my better half deals with it and helps me with it. That way I don’t deal with it alone. It’s hard to sleep I lose a lot sleep over it

3 Likes

Sounds like you do. There’s a medication called pramipexole that really works for me. It’s for Parkinson’s but they found it works for RLS.

3 Likes

Try taking CBD Oil about 30 min before going to bed - it seems to help with RLS.

2 Likes

I’ll try this after I leave the nursing home. It has to be on Dr’s. orders here.

1 Like

Gabapentin works for me. It’s an addition to my Fycompa at night and may be helping prevent night seizures too. My neurologist says that’s not often used for rls these days but it’s been working great for me for many years. If I forgot to take it (before CareZone) I kicked my hubby all night long, he says. CareZone is a life-changing app!

1 Like

Gabapentin made me feel weird. Trying Sevella now. It’s all one big experiment.

Aah. I know I am very sensitive to meds that don’t bother others, so I sure do understand. That’s why my doc left me on the old drug that’s no longer used for that purpose. My docs just shake their heads and move on to the next med, lol. You’re right it’s all about experimenting! Let me know how it goes. If I ever need to change rls drugs, it may be helpful to know. :)

1 Like

Will do. My mom used to say that’s why they call it practicing medicine. LOL

2 Likes

I’ve been on Ropinirole for years for That. I couldn’t do without it. My legs not only drive me crazy but my wife wouldn’t even watch tv in the same room as me. It has really worked well for me.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks

1 Like

You’re welcome

been taking it for years, it’s the only thing that helps

They say drinking tonic water helps if it’s not too severe

Why won’t they give you anything? I’ve had severe RLS for years and take Mirapex. Works like a dream

Tried that. Didn’t work. Pramipexole helps sometimes.

I take Ropinirole for RLS. Works wonders for me. That’s also an option.

1 Like

That would be a good category, I have RLS and nothing seems to help. I take Gabapentin, topiromate, duloxetine and my RLS is still bad. There are times I get muscle cramps on the calves of my legs during the night from how bad it gets.

1 Like