Recovering from a heart event

A place to discuss heart events. Share your story, ask questions, and connect with other members for support.

Will I am tell u a little bit about my heart disease it start in 94 school one day the nurse was checking pulse and my show up at 43 so the get scared .so they call my mother . And then it starts go to doctor alote .but . I a men keep me safe and his name was jesus .

2 Likes

He always keeps us in his hands, but God also blessed physicians with knowledge and skills to help us all.

1 Like

I’m a year a 4 most from an heart attack and I’m not use to taking the meds for the rest of my life. I guess I have to except that

1 Like

I am the same way. I’m 4 months post. They had me on lots of meds. I’m currently just taking plavix and a BP pill. I don’t have heart disease or build up in my arteries. My was caused by a blood clot. I had to talk to my doctor about all the traditional meds they were treating me with for heart disease that I don’t have. They made me feel worst. Im focused now on my diet, mainly looking at a plant based diet to loose weight and get heart healthy.

2 Likes

I am Mona Lisa I have been having pain in my chest for about 2 months now I have been in the er 3 times. 1 time they have admitted me but the other 2 times they said they do not know what is going on for me to see the heart doctor. I have a appt a week from today. It’s hard sometimes to walk across the floor when other times I am okay. I am afraid to to much

1 Like

how’s is your breathing

2 Likes

how is your breathing. any swelling in the ankles or anywhere else

1 Like

Mines was heart disease but because i lost weight and was mildly in shape, i recovered good.

1 Like

Rough but the sweating is impossible.

1 Like

I walked all of the time not much swelling but alot of sweating, wow

1 Like

Please keep your appointment. Even if they decide it is something like heart burn it is better to know what it is and treat it for what it is. However, if it is your heart and you do not do anything you could have a fatal heart attack

1 Like

Good questions.
You and I know to ask the right questions.

My breathing is fine, I was swelling because of a heart medication, I dont remember which one but I stopped taking it.