Rapid heart rate, but low blood pressure

Any one else have this? I just saw the cardiologist, but I’m scared to death.

2 Likes

Relax your just worried it will pass

2 Likes

Bad advise. Low blood pressure with a high heart rate can be dangerous.

2 Likes

The cardiologist got to see everything actually in action. My blood pressure crashes out low enough I almost passed out. During my visit they took my blood pressure 4 times. It was all over the place. I trying box breathing to calm myself down and he is scheduling an inversion table test plus he gave me meds to raise my blood pressure and slow my heart rate. I just feel like it is pounding. Been to the ER a couple weeks ago and they basically did nothing but give me fluids check blood work and tell me to follow up with the cardiologist. Just looking for any suggestions of relaxing.
Going to the gym to sign up for a yoga class. I will be limited do to rods and pins in my back, but something has to help. I’m also calling the cardiologist tomorrow because I read that exercise can lower heart rate. Want to see if small walks can help. At least doing it at the gym I can let them know if I pass out not to call 911. Let my best friend handle it and I will be fine.

1 Like

Yes I have. Mine is caused by AFIB. Which I am being treated for.
But many things can cause this. Please see your heart doctor to rule out if this your a normal thing for you or if you have something serious going on.
I do not want to scare you since I know your already are.
These conditions can cause a fast heat rate and low blood pressure.
Medication in which case your doctor will either change ttge dosage, stop this medication and possibly prescribe something else.
Anemia which is easily treated and will usually reverse the problem.
Dehydration another easy fix. Getting hydrated and staying hydrated.
GI problems that cause inflammation which in turn cause blood to rush to the sight of inflamation. Hence the heart rate coming up to try and help the blood presure stabilize.
Deep vein blood clots. The clots cause inflammation. See above.
Abnormal heart rythems wich are usually treatable and will return things to a stable rate for you.
Heart damage from a large heart attack or multiple small heart attacks. The damage causes inflammation, see above.
My point to all this is that there is a reason for this to happen and only a doctor can diagnose if one of theses things is causing yours. Do not let others tell you it will go away. SEE your doctor.
Let your doctor tell you if you have a problem or not.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.
I will pray for you.

Ok. I am only guessing here. But if they are doing a tilt table sounds like your cardiologist suspects that you may have a heart rhythm disorder. He/she needs to be sure in order to start a plan of treatment.
You questioned exercise being the culprit. This is something that can cause this if you are a regularly exerciseing , an avid swimmer, participate regularly in sport activities.
Please share this with your cardiologist if it this scenario fits you. It is important for you to tell the cardiologist everything so you get the correct diagnosis.
I will pray for you that the tilt table will revile yhe problem.

1 Like

It all started last November when my spinal cord stimulator ( I had it implanted 3 weeks ) had to be removed due to a staff infection which went into sepis, MRSA, kidney failure down to 3%snd skin failure. I was in and out of the hospital for 4 months. Than they installed a pic line and I had antibiotics for 5 months including at home. Than 8 months of antibiotics by mouth. As I have been reading up on Staff infections and MRSA it can make the heart weaker. I just need to build it back up and make it stronger again. I’m only 55 and just married the perfect guy in April. I’m not ready to let this stop me. I just can’t relax down enough so I don’t feel the pounding.

2 Likes

I would recommend downloading a relaxation app. If you have Alexa or something similar you can get a skill that can help with relaxation. If you have access to things like this I have heard that they can help with relaxing if you have the discipline to follow its practice system.

3 Likes

Thanks. I think I will try that this evening.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that I can’t give a personal story about it. I am on Anti-Anxiety meds so I have a hard time elevating my heart, even when I am transferring myself into my wheelchair my heart rate might reach 110. When I was healthy and running long distance my heart rate would then reach at least 130-135 during my sprints. I have always had Bradycardia so trying to maintain a slow heart rate has never been a concern for me.

1 Like

Good call Chaplin Wade.

1 Like

Hope you do try the app, it has helped me a lot.
Until you get to see the doctor try to relax.
Just remember they have your best intrest at heart.
This can just be something related to the infection. Try not to panic as it can just exacerbate what is going on with you.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

When I experienced low blood pressure and a pulse over 200 I couldn’t catch my breath. I called emts and their machine registered I was having a heart attack. As soon as they pulled to the side of the road and use medication to stop and restart my heart, the problem was solved. The emergency room diagnosed me with SVT (supraventricular tachycardia). Most likely caused by my electrolytes being off. When you have an episode you control it with your breathing, For my specific condition. The worst that can happen to me is fainting, which has happened.

1 Like

When I was trained as a Paramedic/Medic they used to teach that sometimes it is best to let the patient pass out or blackout. The body has a way of resetting itself if the person gets out of the way. The danger of a person losing consciousness is the fall. So, if someone is there to catch you or make sure that you don’t choke when you are unconscious. I hope that your doctors can find the right remedy to help you, Suzan. And I hope that you will be safe and comfortable until things get worked out.

Well no table top test, the arrhythmia Dr said I would have failed it. On a heart monitor for a week so they can see everything. At least I have my Drs believing that things are wrong.

I can help you

Gordo,

How can you help?

I just got home sorry for the late response.

I saw been seeing heart Dr since I was 34 heart is only working at 30% and I still watch grandchildren 4 days a week age3,2 and 5 months old Doctors know what they’re doing in my opinion

1 Like

I am a yoga teacher and recommend that you don’t go to a class in a gym especially if you’re new to it and have physical limitations. See if you can find a yoga studio that has Restorative Yoga classes. If not see what’d you can find a dvd.
I just had a stress test today after seeing a cardiologist for the first time in my life. So I understand how scary it feels. I hope you get answers and an effective treatment plan soon.

2 Likes