Raising a 15 yr old daughter

I have a 15 yr old daughter that needs slot oh help and we are living with my parents. It’s hard now my daughter has to move out. What do I do

2 Likes

Why does she have to move out

My mom don’t want her here she is having a bad time. Her dad is not in her life and she has bad depression

I am truly sorry for that. Where do y’all live?

Aztec nm

Maybe the “5 Second Rule” by Mel Robins could help her with depression ❓Some will just throw their hands up & run when dealing with someone who is depressed. So sad because they need all the understanding in the world during their time of depression. My 14 year old granddaughter who I Love, Love, Love was going to commit suicide “along with” 2 of her friends when by chance we discovered their texts planning it. We were devastated ❗She went through counseling & alternative school, & takes Ambilify; but she managed to come out better. 1 year later she seems to be better. I continue to hope, pray, communicate, & encourage her. Best of luck to you & yours.

5 Likes

Yeah she almost overdosed last night on med

Hey sister. I say sister because I am originally from Albuquerque. First of all, kicking a minor out of the house is illegal in NM. She needs to be 17 before she is considered an adult. SO, your mom & dad can’t do that. Second, WHAT?

Do you pay for living in your mom’s house? NM, that doesn’t really matter. She is your daughter therefore she is your mother’s granddaughter. That really needs to be revisited with your mom somehow. A 15 yr old girl needs a stable environment and a parent that she can trust. Especially a young adult at that particular point in their life with depression. They don’t need to be put in the streets where nothing good will come of that. There is already a huge number of suicides every day by people with depression. Please don’t help add to that.

I know that this all sounds like I’m coming down pretty hard on you. I guess I am because young men and women with depression have two roads ahead of them. One that is lonely and the other with family, friends and medical help. The lonely road results in more depression and spiraling down. The other, with family, friends and medical help, usually results healing and a longer life. Please feel free to speak with me @ chaplainwadewilliams@gmail.com.

9 Likes

Yeah it is just my mom is real strict and I pay 250 for rent

Your mom is real strict? Strict about what? Obviously not following the law! It would be a violation of the law to throw a 15 yo out into the street. Therefore, that would make your mom a criminal! Throwing her grandchild out into the street is not a viable option, there are so many other viable options but not that one. I can honestly say that I am very glad that I am over 1500 miles away at this point because if I were closer I would do my best to make a Chaplain visit with your mom and when that didn’t work I would pull out my badge and explain to her the law again!

4 Likes

God bless you for being so knowledgeable in this. We never would have thought we would be dealing with my granddaughter & suicide. She always seemed so strong & smart. I thank God a million times it seems she has come out stronger but boy it was very scary going through it & I consider myself & my daughter to be a strong minded. I thank God also for all you people with knowledge how to deal with depression❗😍

5 Likes

Keeping her house clean and beds made and rooms clean and not being lazy

1 Like

i’ve had severe depression all of my life. My grandfather killed himself but I was the only one of four children who ended up with severe depression. Thank God. It’s been a very hard thing to deal with all my life but after years of trying I’ve been very successful in my businesses and I have learned how to struggle and crawl out of my depression with God handing me the rope to save myself. The main thing you need to do when your in depression, to get up every morning no matter how hard it is to drag your butt out of bed. Brush your teeth, wipe your face and begin your day. You may not accomplish anything but sitting but at least your up. I pray for God to bring me out of this hell. Years ago I thought of taking my life. I think God frowns on that because it is a disease like any other. Those times your well you must make friends and research your illness. It will help. Many prayers for you and your daughter.

5 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Aren’t most parents strict in different areas? Don’t our kids fail to meet our expectations sometimes, even often or never? The answer is yes.
My dad was a drill instructor during my teen years, and boy did I rebel! But he never threatened to throw me out. But, when my two kids were teens I was a drill instructor too. Even though my children rebelled or screwed up I never wanted to throw them out. Parents are supposed to raise their children and protect them. Not pass them off and say “oh well”. Even grandparents.
I am very sad that you, your daughter, and your parents are going through this, but especially your daughter. No matter how miserable she is behaving she has the absolute right to have food, shelter, and clothing “provided for” her by her parents until she is 17 in the State of NM.
I really hope that you can find a way to speak with your parents about this. You can even put them in touch with me @ (928)713-4200. If I don’t answer I will get back to them as soon as I can. Please tell them to please leave a message so I know who they are. I receive a lot of calls every day but I only work with people who leave a message.
NMgirl, I am praying for you. If you have a faith I would ask that you pray also. For your parents, your daughter and yourself. May God bless all of you.

3 Likes

Thanks name is nickol

1 Like

Not cleaning or caring is a part of severe depression and not laziness. Your mother needs to do her homework on the signs of depression… I know because I myself deal with depression each and every day. I have to push myself to do simple things such as bathe, clean, and try to enjoy life and show appreciation to my wife and others for being understanding and encouraging me. Just remind your mother that it’s the depression and not laziness…

4 Likes

Hi throwing your fifteen-year-old daughter out on the streets it’s a horrible thing to do at this point in her life she needs you now more than anything my brother committed suicide leaving my grandmother out in the front yard who found him wandering around because she had Alzheimer’s she still ask for him all the time because she obviously didn’t remember the one time I was blessed to have a family member with Alzheimer’s disease besides being so selfish to his family he committed suicide on our mother’s birthday my mother my brother and my grandmother all died within a year wiping out that whole side of the family my brother was bipolar please help your daughter this is her cry for help

3 Likes

It hurt me to hear what is happening to you but you have only one thing you can do and that is to find a home for you and your daughter because she is your responsibility. Children are a blessing given to us by our God, Jehovah and in the Bible it says responsibility given to us by our God, Jehovah as it says in Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a boy (or girl) in the way it should go; Even when he grows old he will not depart from it.”
As we can see it is an ongoing thing until they come of age. You have a daughter who is sick and needs a loving home treated in a kind manner with patience and consideration and from what I gather the situation you are in right now is not the ideal place. Put yourself in your daughter place how would feel being there? She already under a lot of stress dealing with depression and to hear her grandmother going on the way she doing now is adding to her problems and if she kills her self it would be as you pull the trigger Instead do as Deuteronomy 6: 6, 7, “These words that I am commanding you today must be on your heart, 7 and you must inculcate them in your sons and speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on road and you lie down and when you get up.” From that scripture you see there is communication between you and your daughter at all times night and day. The words they are talking about includes the Bible and notice it must first be on your heart and as you learn more from the Bible you will find it includes lots of talking points on many different kinds of subjects. Before you could do all this you must have the proper home where there is peace and quiet were you can concentrate. I know there must be some where in your town where they give help us single parents especially with those with sick children to find reasonable accommodations for living. You are a grown woman so you did not need to stay with your Mother stick with your daughter and you will never regret it

1 Like

I don’t make enough money to live on my own

2 Likes