Power In Praise

God is: Powerful, Almighty, Sovereign, Everlasting, Faithful and The Master Creator. Since God created ALL things, God is deserving of all exaltation, glory, respect, worship and genuine praise from His creation. In life, individuals experience seasons of jubilant joy and complicated challenges. It appears that during our seasons of triumph praising God for what He is doing comes effortlessly, but during the seasons of grief and disappointment it can be difficult to praise God.

No matter what season we find ourselves in, giving praise to God is paramount. Paul and Silas were dragged before authorities in the Roman city they were in, by slave owners. These slave owners realized their profit of using their slave girl who had a spirit of divination through fortune telling came to an end when Paul rebuked the spirit inside of her.

The slave owners also falsely identified Paul and Silas as trouble-making Jews who were throwing the Roman city into confusion with teaching customs that were unlawful for the Roman people to accept or observe. Without giving them a fair trial, the Roman city officials tore their robes off of them and publicly beat Paul and Silas who were actually Roman citizens. To make matters worse, they threw Paul and Silas into prison where their feet were fastened in stocks.

But even in the midst of being lied on, attacked, stripped, beaten, thrown away, locked up, talked about, ridiculed, in a dark uncomfortable, unpleasant, secluded challenging time, Paul and Silas prayed and sang hymns of praise to the God of Power! We discover in scripture that God came through, in Power because an earthquake suddenly emerged that shook the foundation of the prison unfastening the chains of everyone imprisoned and opening all doors.

This is encouragement for you today that God comes through in Power. Only God has the power to free you from the taunts, strongholds, chains, mockery, setbacks, dungeon and dark prisons of the enemy. Despite anything you’ve gone through continue to pray and praise God in the midst of the circumstance and be prepared to witness His Power in your situation. God has the power to open doors and shake the foundation of your situation causing everyone to notice the Power of God and want to experience it as well.

Take a moment and Praise the Lord God who comes through in Power.

24 Likes

Thanks for the reminder that praise is very powerful and important.

11 Likes

To GOD be the glory

12 Likes

My wife and I are both Catholic. We believe in God & in Jesus Christ Our Lord.

11 Likes

@Hopeful,
Thank you for this! What a powerful and well written post! Praise God!!❤❤❤

11 Likes

So be it.

5 Likes

AMEN Praise The LORD

8 Likes

Praise the Lord Almight

9 Likes

I have a question I don’t know much about your religion sorry I am Pentecostal you don’t mine I would imagine. Why do you think you need to go to the priest to forgive your sins. Please answer back. I hope I did not offend you

6 Likes

This is a good section to be able to write in. About my Lord

6 Likes

Absolutely!

3 Likes

I am lds (latter day saints) Mormon I thought that was very enlightening I too believe in GOD THE FATHER, AND HIS SON AND THE HOLY GHOST. I BELIEVE in the scriptures dearly Glory be to GOD. Amen

3 Likes

What would we do without our almighty God and his precious Son Jesus. And our Father

5 Likes

Supposedly the priest is the go between between you and God.But I believe that you can pray directly to the Father Almighty to confess your sins on a regular basis. The Catholic our Church tells us that we should go to confession at least once a year, more if needed.

1 Like

I love my God very much,but need to be more active in the church. It is very hard for me because I’m handicap and it is very hard to get going in the morning a lot.

3 Likes

That is so true. My one Doctor turned in to the DMV. Be cause I refused to take a med. for siezor
I left it to God and believed. he would see me though. He did and I praise him everyday for my Driver’s license. God is good

4 Likes

Praise him you better preach!!!

2 Likes

Everything and people does not give him the glory. Everything under heaven. They complain about the weather. How about the beautiful scenery. I love going to the country the houses with a bunch of trees. A new baby. The United States of America the Lord gave us this nation under God. I love God our Father and Jesus his son who gave his life for each and every one of us. People better wake up and see what is going on around them

5 Likes

Thank you so much hopeful for your openess the share God’s spoken Word. I I studied the scriptures and was baptised May 2nd 2010. I was diagnosed with colen cancer 2014. God is Sovereign and used this to show His glory. I had surgery and no Chemotherapy or Radiation and have been cancer free 5 years now. I use this everyday for a testimony of His Miricle. Everything we go through is so we can Glorify the Lord by sharing with others. All Glory to God!!

4 Likes

My health problems have gone to an extremely difficult time that is very scary for me right now in only a few day’s. I have many I have to deal with everyday anyway but do meditation and have my father, my daughter and my bestest girlfriend to have my back every single day. In a time like this sometimes it’s hard to believe in a higher power to help you along the way. Thank you for reminding me God has my back every single day as well and to believe in the power of prayer.

2 Likes