Patty

Hi I’m new and am suffering from severe ere pain and intense pain

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Angel and a chronic pain patient. I have costocondritis, osteoarthritis, degenerative disc desease, diverticulitis, fibromyalgia and had a lower lumbar fusion surgery a year ago last April.
I can relate
If you need to talk don’t be afraid to reach out to me or anyone else here.
God Bless

7 Likes

Patty
Yes reach out and we will try to help you.
And if all you need to do is vent, you can do that too. No judgment we all have our days.

8 Likes

Hi I’m Lynn wow I’m with all u in the pain ratio…I had a lumbar fusion with plates and screw neck an back I have osteoarthritis sever atrophy and I’m not finding much that releases the pain

4 Likes

Hi I deal with chronic pain as well I have a bad back from a lot of years of Nursing my lower back and hips and my thighs hurt all the time I go to a pain doctor and get medication I also choose to smoke medical marijuana I choose to smoke overtaking medication any day this is a place you can talk we’re here to help the best we can and listen hope this helps hugs

7 Likes

Thank you, I’ve been thru the mill with this severe and intense pain and can barely walk now due to my back and left leg. I think I’ve had every test in the world and need in the ER over this.

3 Likes

Thank you and I will

3 Likes

Yes I hear you. I have severe pain from all the standing, walking, bending in uncomfortable positions as a nurse. Some days are not as bad, but some days I have to use a cane. Then on the worst days I rest more and stay in my bedroom where I can lie down or sit in chair and watch TV.
Since I retired I have learned I have arthritis in my spine and feet. It has made walking difficult, and thrown my balance off.
There are not many things I can take and so far they have not helped. I took Lyrica for my neuorapthy pain. It did not help me unless I took 158mg BID. But then I could not stay awake during the day or walk with out holding onto the walls and furniture.
So I am tapering off.
The Lyrica not working sucks, but at 69 just 3 months shy of 70 all meds for pain effect me. I told my doctor we need to keep that in mind when figuring the dosages of any medications.
Now we are at square one again. My doctor is considering Gabapentin but I am worried abut the side effects.
Wish I could find something that does not make me sick or feel overdosed.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

7 Likes

Nor do I, I just put on a happy face and get what needs to be done done

5 Likes

Right I do try hard I have had a stroke heart attack fell on a black out hit my head on the stove had plenty of stiches to my eye lid when they put my stent in I got three pulmonary embolism one in each lung and one on the outside of main artery it’s crazy I tell u smoking pot medically helps alot more than med

5 Likes

I hope u find a way to feel better it’s all so insain when it comes to our pain I bless all

5 Likes

I feel ya. I am a licensed physical therapy assistant so we put our bodies through a lot. Also some of it I think is genetic. My younger brother has degenerative disc disease. My mom also though the last ten years before she retired she worked as a nurses aide. I really didn’t hurt too much at first. Just having balance issues and weakness in my left leg. Hugs to ya.

5 Likes

Talk about being run through the mill, I have had every test for a great many things, some show something most are normal with no explanation to be found.
I have vocal cord dysfunction and now need to learn to breathe differently than I do now.

4 Likes

Medical marijuana takes care of all my mental health problems as well as my physical health problems. My anxiety, bipolar (I call it my instant attitude adjustment lol) my mania is n check because I’m brought down a notch from being all over the place & up out of bed all w a smile now, my insomnia also my severe pain n my lower lumber that makes my hips & thighs hurt w neuropathy n my thighs & random other places & fibromyalgia. My # of seizures have reduced & my bladder doesn’t spasm as much w my Intercystital cystitis. That’s A LOT of medication to help all those issues!! But med wise I didn’t like lyrica & took 300mg 2x a day & gained a lot of weight but I do take 800 mg 4x a day of gabapentin & it works well if no side effects. Hope this helps u. Hugs to u.🙏😊

5 Likes

Thank you. I could not stay awake on the Lyrica. I got the Gabapentin yesyetday.
I had titrated off the Lyrica.
This morning I start the Gabapentin wish me luck.
Got to tun Meals on Wheels will be here in 2 hours for an interview to see if I qualify. I pray that I do, it would help me so much.
Will update later as I can.
Be well and gentel hugs to you.

5 Likes

I take gabapentin 3 times a day. I take small doze in morning and at lunch then triple the dose at bedtime because of the side effects. I have double neouphathy

4 Likes

Do have any of the side effects ?

3 Likes

No I don’t have any side effects from the gabapentin

4 Likes

Thank you. Day 2 and hopefully watchful waiting lol. I am praying this one will help me without the side effects. You give me hope.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

3 Likes

I’ve had this severe pain since July of 2010, had 9 steroid injections, it’s my 4th,5th, and S L1. Been in gabapentin and hydrocodone to relieve the pain. Gone from doctors to doctors, had upper cervical spine surgery which worked recently they put a Medtronic stimulator in and about a month and 12 days it popped open on the lower incision, had to have emergency surgery, had to take it out and put heavy duty stitches in, I’m seeing a wound doctor now and home nurse every other day. They put a wound vac on me, then they took it off on Friday. I landed in the ER on Wednesday for pain and all they did was blood work and tried different pain meds. They finally put on a Lipocaine patch and it worked to a point so they wrote a script for it but my insurance won’t cover it, so I messaged my doctor about getting the fentanyl patch cause I know it works on me. I’m really frustrated right now.

4 Likes