Pain!

I’ve had pain in my lower back and both hips for many years and I am very ready for a Dr to help me find out why and how to make it better

5 Likes

Get referral to pain management. Did they mri them?

2 Likes

Im seeing a pain dr and yes I’ve had a MRI numerous times. Is there anything that helps you

2 Likes

How do you deal with severe pain when your insurance company keeps telling you your not covered for that. I have been through the was cylce just this first week on getting thesemeds. Even down to a bottle of mouth inse with lidocaine in it. Really??

2 Likes

Have you tried alternative medicine. Acupuncture, massage and herbal supplements. I’m using CBD oil and considering getting a medical marijuana card. Edibles only. My lungs are so messed up from smoking I can hardly breathe. Push your primary care provider to refer you to an orthopedic surgeon or pain clinic. You have rights as a patient. Demand treatment.

1 Like

Have you spoke to your doctor about pain injections, they help, I get them.

2 Likes

What is in the injection???

1 Like

Same. But through PT I learn I’m hypermobile. Have you been checked for hypermobility?

1 Like

I had 3 failed back surgeries so my pain doctor and I finally decided to go ahead and permanently implant a spinal cord stimulator. Best decision I ever made.

2 Likes

There are two kinds, one is a Lumbar injection, and the other is a Trigger Point injection. The Lumbar injection has a steroid and the Trigger Point is were the LIDOCANE is injected into the nerve, I think that’s right. But you can go to WEBMD to be sure.

Well I hate to hear that you have suffered for so long. I’m not a doctor, but I to suffered tremendously for 13 years. I was severely wounded in Iraq after being blown out of a two story window. I ended up landing on my head (my helmet was blown off), my back, my right side and had debris come down on my knees. All the Army wanted to do was physical therapy, occupational therapy and very low grade pain meds. The V.A. just followed in the footsteps of the Army. My point is that the V.A. paid for me to go see a pain management Doctor at a non-V.A. Hospital. I now have a medical device implanted in my back with leads that stimulates the spinal cord nerves and down my hips, to my calves. You can set the current high or low, it’s all up to you. The device and equipment is made by Medtronics. I know it’s changed my pain in life to a bearable degree and I recommend it to anyone that suffers daily. As I said, I am not a Doctor nor a representative for Medtronics. Bless each of you in Jesus Christ name Amen.

God Bless you and thank you for your service and your sacrifices! Wish I could give you a big ole bear 🐻 hug! As they say on here, gentle hugs and God’s Blessings.

1 Like

Thank you very much Mary4. I consider it a privilege to have volunteered to serve this great Nation of ours. There is no other Nation in the World, that offers the Freedom that ours offers, to all individuals under our Flag, the Laws that makes it possible and our Rights to Worship as we choose. God richly bless you in your endeavors, in Jesus Christ name Amen.

Have you checked into a pain pump for your back? I have spinal stenosis and the pain pump is a blessing