Pain in my shoulder my rotary is torn

I have to have surgery to to fix the torn in my shoulder my rotary is torn

3 Likes

Good luck at Dr office

1 Like

I do not really think that I’m going to go through with it because I have so many problem with my ankle I never had surgery 3 time and I’d be damned if I’m going to go through with my shoulder

2 Likes

Morning;
Won’t that shoulder just get more painful as time goes on? I would think about that, could do more damage without surgery.

4 Likes

I appreciate that but I am so tired they try to do the best they can but trying to solve the problem but it seems like it never get solved I now went through three surgery already on my left ankle now the doctor telling me that I need another surgery so like I say damn if you do damn if you don’t I know they try to do the best they can but it’s all about the money down the line you still going to be suffering with pain regardless I appreciate your opinion thank you very much

2 Likes

Hi Doll, i understand going thru surgery without any good outcome & sad to say money can hinder their problem in this world. Best of luck to what ever you decide to do. I’ll pray for a good outcome for you. God bless…🙏💞

2 Likes

Thank you very much and I appreciate it may God be with you too

2 Likes

Have you tried cortisone shots? My rotator cuff in my right arm has been torn since 1987. The US Army never did surgery, just shots. It isn’t just a little tear. My arm dislocates every couple weeks, whenever I I try to support myself with my arm too far behind me.
It hurts almost constantly but not severely anymore so I just live with it. As your experience the pain your mind can numb you to it unless you cause further injury.
I will pray for you if you’re ok with that.

3 Likes

Torn Rotary Cup!!
I’ve sprained not torn my R. Cup I the early 90’s suffered about 2.5 weeks b4 seen a Dr. About it, the best thing about it all i needed was one cortisone shot & never had a problem since. (Now 2020) What entry good shot he gave me really really worked, I’d think about the shot & with great Dr, I’d hope good releif would come from it.
Good £uck 🙏in future with you R.Cup. I know that painful!! 💞

1 Like

I had a cortisone shot but that seems like nothing helps me my body does not take any kind of medicine to help me because I’m not the type of person really to drink or use drugs so I guess that’s why my body does not accept the medicine to help me but I appreciate it I had that cortisone shot to and it did not help I just had that cortisone shot about 2 weeks ago and my ankle where I had surgery and that is not helping the pain is still there but that rotary cup I’m just going to hold off for right now and doing the surgery for that but I appreciate your thoughts and concern

2 Likes

Sometimes you need to take outside advice because this will not get better without Dr help. Just think about letting the Dr help. I am 45 and have had quite a few surgeries myself. And I know it is not fun but they did help me in the end. I was in a major car accident and I had 9 plastic surgery on my face. Believe me I did not want to do it but at the end I am very happy. It was worth the pain for a short time. I also have t6,7,8 in my back cracked. They will never heal. Now with my back I would not do surgery because they told me I would have a chance of not being able to walk right. You just have to take the good when you can take it. just take into consideration is this procedure going to help you. And what could happen if you do not get it done. if you go get separate opinions from different Drs and they all say the same thing I feel as if you should give it a try. Do not give up so easily.

3 Likes

I did give the doctor chance but like I said the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the problem is not soft so therefore I have to go and have another MRI of my ankle and the bottom of my feet where my arches at I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the problem is not saw so therefore I have to go and I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the problem is not saw so therefore I have to go and have another MRI of my I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the problem is not saw so therefore I have to go and have another MRI of my ankle and the I did get the doctor chance but like I say the first surgery I had the doctor said that was going to help me come to find out it did not help me at all so that’s why I am so scared to keep going to all these doctors for them to cut on me and the second time I had to have the hardware removed and I’m still having the same problem and this other doctor said my ligament was damaged that he’s going to fix the problem and come to find out the problem is not saw so therefore I have to go and have another MRI of my ankle and a MRI of my Arch this is what he say I have in my feet now in my Arch this is the name of the thing in my Arch Plantar Fibroma and so painful to walk. And this is where the pain at it is so severe it hurts really bad right where my fingernail at baddest where the pain is at he said it’s a bone there but it hurts really really bad and this is the name of it PLANTAR FIBROMA

1 Like

OMG I am so sorry

2 Likes

Hello Doll. I have had over 30 surgeries in my 65 yrs here on Earth and I have had 2 on my shoulders. The left was operated on twice because the first surgeon lied and told me had severed my biceps tendon but I suffered for a year being told it was a frozen shoulder post op. I got a 2nd opinion and found out it was still attached. So the 2nd surgeon did what should have been done in the first place. 3 months later I was as good as new. My right shoulder was “cleaned up” in Oct 2018 and then had to have the biceps in that shoulder repaired too in August of 2019. But it turned out they also had to repair my rotator cuff. The recovery time is about 4to 6 months with rotator surgery but if not taken care of in the early stages it will get more painful and take longer to heal. It’s a personal choice to go through the surgery but having it done now as opposed to later would be the better choice. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

2 Likes

I have 2 torn rotator cuffs and the Doctor wants me to have 2 shoulder replacement surgeries but I won’t do it the recovery time is to long and I have no one to help me. Plus a friend of mine had the surgery and it didn’t go well and had to have it done over again .I will just deal with the pain the best I can most of the time the pain on a scale of 1-10 mine pain is about 5 but the last 3 days it’s been about 7 so I took the pain medication oxycodone which I only take when the pain start to get unbearable

2 Likes

I totally understand your dealing with the pain. We really do learn coping mechanisms don’t we. Witb my back injury 40 yrs ago this year, 6 back surgeries, shattering my femur in 5 places, breaking the wrist , my Fibromyalgia and my severe RSD I rarely take pain meds unles scca absolutely necessary (Hydrocodone10-325)only at bedtime since this recent surgery I totally understand why you won’t/can’t do the surgeries. Out of all of mine this is the first one with lousy results except for my shattered femur surgery. The idiot surgeons kept me in intense pain by telling me everything was in place and nothing was wrong when they knew all good and well that they had screwed the 5 in my knee area all the way through the bone. I suffered for 5 yrs and the first surgeon for my right surgery ended up removing them and replacing them with shorter ones and I have been pretty much pain free since Dec 20, 2018. I will keep you in my prayers because I know anyone dealing with pain can use prayer. Have a Blessed weekend.

1 Like