Options

Hello everyone

I dont even know where to start. I am in pain 24/7. I take lyrica 3 times a day. I do stretches 3 times a day. I take tylenol and advil scheduled throughout the day I just had a surgery from hell last august 2019. That lead to an infection that on labor day so bad that it was emergency wash out surgery. And then I had to have a picc line and be on 24 hours a day antibiotic. But then the picc line got infected. Long story short 11 emergency room visits that ended up in 7 hospitalizations. And then spent 38 days in treatment because the pain meds got the best of me. However because of that infection I was on the picc penicillin for 3 months and now 3 more months of pill form. But i am worse now than I was back then. I am at a loss. I think i have to have another surgery to fix it but now they want to wait another year to see what the infection does. I feel like I cannot win. I have tried heat ice massage acupuncture vicks vapor rub, muscle relaxers, hot tubes and naproxen. I am at a loss. Anyone have any ideas to help get thru a year without pain pills??

8 Likes

Wow. I wish I had some answers. You have been through quite an odyssey, and my heart certainly goes out to you.

4 Likes

Have you tried CBD? I use a cream form for my arthritis pain. I have another compressed disk in my neck. I have severe degenerative joint disease. Had both knees replaced, dyschectomy of my neck. Just had surgery 12/31/19 for partial wrist fusion of my right hand because I could no longer squeeze hard enough to use brakes to stop my walker.

Anyway the point is the CBD helps greatly used topically for muscle pain. Haven’t tried it orally, but just a thought for you. Hope it can help you.

5 Likes

I second the recommendation for CBD, there is no psychoactive effect so it won’t set off any addiction bells on your brain. It helps with a wide variety issues, I encourage you to research it and find a shop where the folks are very knowledgeable about CBD.
My son has obtained a great deal of relief from pain and inflammation using lemongrass oil diluted in olive oil. Research that as well - it’s a natural anti-inflammatory that can also be found in tea form. If you’re is widespread like mine, I’d have to bathe in the oil! Lol! And again, not psychoactive.
I also have to allow the old nurse in me (40 yrs+) to suggest that you use as little of the NSAIDs as necessary due to their adverse side effects. Kidneys, liver, stomach… Almost every major organ stands to suffer from long term NSAID use. I hope you are finding a modicum of relief without damaging your body inadvertently at the same time. I wish I could take your pain, but all I can do is offer suggestions and send warm, healing thoughts your way. Much respect for doing this without opioids! Don’t focus on how far you have yet to go, recognize how far you’ve come! You are succeeding at a very difficult task!! Hang in there, and thanks for giving us the opportunity to be here for you. ❤️❤️❤️

8 Likes

I have tried the pills the vape and the pain cream. However with using those I failed a drug test and was let go for employment

5 Likes

I also recommend the CBD oral is great also
The cream works for day oil at night. I. Am also going through similar things. Anxious all the time. And severe pain.

4 Likes

Damn I’m sorry to hear that! I guess there are shops that are just not as careful as we need them to be about using reliable sources.

2 Likes

Sorry it didn’t help. Where do you live? Do you have a pain management clinic?

3 Likes

Over by Rochester mn. I am on a waiting list for the pain clinic. Yet I am waiting to hear from social security or my Ltd and it sucks not having any money

3 Likes

Wow that doesn’t sound good. CBD is supposed to be safe from all that

1 Like

Wow! I happen to be in Rochester, NY and I previously lived in Rochester, WA, but have never been to Rochester, MN.

1 Like

Try ibuprofen 800 for pain… not to much on kidneys, but it helps with pain. You will need a script for them
Hope this helps

1 Like

I’ve tried cbd in many brands and many forms after hearing so much positive feedback but haven’t had any that has worked for me. It apparently works for some and not for others. I definitely wouldn’t recommend against it because of the many people with very positive results. I hope after trying it, we hear a successfull update! You can spend as much or as little as you can afford but for those that it’s helped, some had to take it regularly for awhile before it starts to work. Best wishes and thanks for sharing with us.

3 Likes

I’m in Stamford NY