Option to disable Streaks for medication tracking

A disable/enable switch of I have to dump the app. Too damn difficult to use.

3 Likes

Its like an annoying ad popup. I can see how many days ive taken my meds without it, and it doesnt motivate me more to take my meds. Its just annoying as heck.

6 Likes

I agree with u I just hide mine

3 Likes

Did your engineers ever test it on a smartphone? If they did, they should have seen this problem at once. If they didn’t test it on a phone, they were negligent, and if they saw it but didn’t fix it, that’s even worse.

4 Likes

Ok so far you have a multitude of people telling you to get rid of the tracker junk and yet it is still in the app. I have completely stopped using the app because of it and am getting ready to give you guys a bad review because of it and I will tell everyone I know not the ever use your app.

3 Likes

I love it. I take a handful 4 x day. If I get behind, it takes a long time sometimes a day to catch up. I’m getting forgetful and this helps. We are not all active seniors anymore

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that and hope you will give us another chance, @DMDru75. If you’d prefer to not see the Streaks count, it can be hidden by tapping the “Hide ^” button (just below your Medication Schedule calendar).

The Streaks feature is currently still in testing—and we genuinely appreciate the feedback while we continue to gather more information. We do have many members that use Streaks to help them stay on track with their medications, so your patience is very appreciated!

If anyone is having issues hiding their Streak, please notify us by sending an Inbox message through the app or an email to support@carezone.com.

Many thanks! —Ivy

2 Likes

I love the idea of time grouping meds. Being retired I do not have a set schedule. So one day i may take my 0800hrs morning meds at 0800hrs and another day I may get them taking at 1100hrs. And with multiple items I take in the morning then similar thing in the evening or bed time meds.
I like to track my meds at time time I take them so I know that I took the med but when I took the med so I can keep my meds spread out over time.

1 Like

Yes, that “Hide ^” button hides the Streaks display itself, but it leaves a banner the full width of my Android screen and 1 centimeter high. That’s out of the 11cm height of the screen, which already has a header and footer which, while necessary for navigation, reduce the available space to maybe 9cm high, 8cm with that banner. Still not an affordable space-maker for many of us.

Most Android apps have a menu button, usually at the top left or right, that looks like a sandwich Ξ or three dots in a vertical line ⁝, which opens up a menu that would take up too much room on the page if it were always shown. You already have something like that in the “More” button at the foot of the main pages. Why not move “Hide Streak” to the “More” page? – AND, VERY IMPORTANT, have a Help or FAQ page with instructions on how to find things. The app already has many functions and we keep asking for more, and programmers don’t always recognize that most users aren’t half as familiar as they are with the guts of the app and can’t guess or intuit what the programmers take for granted. I’m speaking here from, among other things, twelve years as Senior Linguist at Dragon Systems, and often de facto reviewer of new features and their documentation.

1 Like

@Ivy: I would like to send this comment of mine to Support, but the app won’t let me copy it. Is there any reason for blocking copying, at least on my own posts?

1 Like

Copied, somewhat arduously, and sent, using the Android’s split-screen ability and the Dragon dictation built into the Dragon/Nuance keyboard.

Thank you for sharing more details, @mamandel! I apologize that Streaks are taking up a portion of your device screen (even in “Hide” mode). Please know that all of your comments, along with any feedback posted in community, Inbox, or support@carezone.com are documented daily and shared directly with our team.

Thank you for your patience while this feature is in testing. We appreciate your patience and helpful feedback and are working on a way to improve Streaks overall for everyone. —Ivy

Thanks for your reply. I’m glad to know that our comments are being noted and paid attention to.

3 Likes

I just recognized another drawback to the Streaks, for me and doubtless for others, though surely not all. Someone else in the community said something like “I don’t need this game”; well, that’s just how part of me views it, and that’s the problem.

I often don’t take my meds on schedule, sometimes earlier, sometimes much later. When it’s far off schedule, I try to Journal it, but I don’t always manage to. Worse, though, even when I’m not sure I took a med, or even when I’m pretty sure I didn’t take it, I find myself tempted to report the med as taken because I’m trying to keep up the streak. And I recognize now that I’m often barely conscious of this temptation or don’t even recognize it. And THAT can make the streaks game worse than useless, leading to falsification of some of the tracking. So again, and much more strongly: LET US TURN OFF THE STREAK TRACKING ENTIRELY, WITHOUT HAVING TO KEEP “HIDING” IT ON THE SCREEN WHILE STILL TAKING UP HALF THE SPACE IT DID BEFORE BEING “HIDDEN”.

The faq page has many conflicting statements and instructions. It’s not updated correctly. That is, the old instructions aren’t deleted when new ones come in. And it didn’t help with my old IPhone 6 iOS version 12. iOS is very different from the way my Android functioned, and I’ve also had iPhone since the 4. I recently got a new iPhone which uses iOS 13, and that has solved most issues for me, since the majority of apps were updated to work with 13.
Still, there’s no way the faq page can answer every issue for every software and phone type. Things change too quickly and there are too many variations.
I think you’re right that a selection button would help.

1 Like

I would like to have a way to disable this tracker since it is useless to me and I am tired of dismissing it repeatedly.

3 Likes

I too would like it off of mine. I keep track of the meds I take. And refills that are needed. I don’t keep track of my weight, B/P, sleep hours, mood, etc. I do keep track of pain level’s. It would be nice if we could have on our schedules the things we use.

2 Likes

I agree with everyone here. The streak thing is really really unhelpful and I really would love to turn it off. I just want the reminder I don’t need you to pat me on the back. I’m not a child. Just let me turn it off and let me get the reminders.

2 Likes

This feature is irritating me too. I have tried to get the reminders turned off too, but they are still there. Having the meds in these pill packs are really nice and they make it easy to remember. I don’t need a reminder. The instructions given for getting the reminders off the page don’t work.

It can be an optional feature to remove it. I do like the feature and will like to keep it. I’m a PCA and the streak helps me a lot with my clients, including my mom whom I take care of.