Oh boy here I go

Hello Everyone
So it would appear that it’s going to be 8 sticks a day (before & after meals).
Because I am getting in addition to my Lantus, a short acting insulin to stop the glucose spikes that are happening.
I can eat the same thing at the same time everyday and there is not any day that my levels would match.

So in order to try to smooth my charts out from mountains too rolling hills.

Has anyone else using Lantus had to take another insulin with it?
Is concerning since its reads to not use with any other insulin. I brought that up to my PCP and she said as long as it’s a fast acting or slow acting it should be good, it just can’t be another long acting.
I sure hope she is right, if not, well as we all know doctors bury their mistakes.

7 Likes

I take a Long and a Short and no trouble

6 Likes

Thank you I guess I needed to hear that.

3 Likes

I take both too

5 Likes

I have been on both for over a year now. And doing well!

5 Likes

Was on it now I take soliqua plus take a pill glyxambi. I could eat the same thing everyday and get different result when I test

4 Likes

My blood. I take the insulin twice a day 20 ml each time. Pretty much eliminated my carbs. Blood levels went from 250 plus to about 117 and 145.
Oh sorry my post got split. Hit send on accident.

1 Like

I take lantus and humalog for short acting. Been doing that for years. Long acting helps to smooth things, short helps with the spikes. Good luck.

4 Likes

I’m on both fast and long acting insulin…but staying well controlled…last A1C was 5.7!! I also keep carbs down to less than 80 per day. The ADA recommends less than 150 a day…too high for me…

4 Likes

I was on it they were pretty good you may also need Trulicity once a week it’s not insulin but it does help control your sugar’s

4 Likes

The doctors & diabetic coach are asking me to look at and consider a insulin pump. Specifically the OmniPod.
Looking at it it would eliminate the pens, only uses fast acting I believe, will let me and the doctors dial in to get better control over all this. The pods I would replace every 72 hours with that being about the only “shot” I would get.
Will let me control the amount more accurately along with bolus amounts if I know in advance.
Just have to do the 2 desperate pen injectors for 2 month before I can go that route. So will see what happens.

Thank you everyone, each one of you are so very helpful more than you will ever know.

God Bless

3 Likes

My dad takes Lantis and Novalog. Not sure if I spelled those right. I think he does the Lantis either before or after meals and Novalog at bedtime.

I take long and short insulin

1 Like

I was on lantus and novalog at the same time. It was fine

1 Like

I take both Lantus and Humalog, it stressed me out so my Dr and Nutritionist got me a CGM. Best thing ever.

2 Likes

I am afraid that I am right behind you. I having been charting my BS for the last 2-weeks and it has more spikes and radical drops than I have ever noticed.

Most of it is from changing meds as I lost my Health Insurance effective December 31st. Sadly money drives the outcome even when a person is trying and other’s are helping.

That is a lot of sticks a day.

You might want to check on the new Testing equipment that you place on your arm and run a scanner over it. When I had it my ENDO said that most insurance would pay for it testing at least six times a day.

Best wishes.

Scott

I take Lantus and Humalog! No problems here. I too never have steady bs levels! Been diabetic 34 years! My Dexcom CGM helped my A1C go from a 10.3 to an 8.2. And NO MORE finger sticks!!

1 Like

She is right one long lasting is fine with a short acting. I had to do that before I got my insulin pump

1 Like

Check with your Endocrinologist. Others here use both. Carry your glucometer with you and some sugar tablets just in case.

2 Likes

My husband has been on Lantus and was just started on Novolog today. I hope his BS regulate soon he is also on 2 oral meds daily. His A1C was 6.6 and jumped up to 15.9 at his 6 month check up. He feels so defeated and I feel sad for him.