Not 199 yet. But looking good

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. In April I was defeated because the scale wouldnt budge. Well, May was more of the same. I was sooo sure if got that 199 and finally be off the 200 bus. But even after reaching 200.8 I’m back up to 202. I can’t seem to leave 200’s behind.
I’ve upped my workouts, increased in fluid. Eating 99.9% on task. (Yess I’ve had a few chips and okay yes a cookie or two) but not every day and not a bunch.
But tomorrow I’m cleaning out the house. Everyone except my son could stand to lose a few !!! He on the other hand could use a few extra.
But idk why… I’m trying hard to stay focused and positive. It’s just really hard.
Oh I’m into a 14 from a 20… that’s a plus.

14 Likes

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

3 Likes

You go, girl! You’re looking wonderful. I’m starting my 2 week pre-op regimen today. So… here we go!

3 Likes

Don’t give up your doing good stay on track. don’t forget it’s summertime so now the fruit and the vegetables are coming out and it’s going to be so much easier to lose weight cuz you’ll have so much more choices the better foods. You can even make veggie and fruit shish kabobs with chicken that’s all low calorie. change it up a bit go on that site allrecipe. I have the app on my iPad and I’m always looking up healthy recipes so I can change things up. Sometimes you just have a low, you just need to change it up. Good luck and keep us posted you look good 💜

3 Likes

Heres my email address jprocter7@yahoo.com
I may have some information for you

2 Likes

That’s great 😊

1 Like

A size 14 from a 20 is a huge victory, see that as a plus. It’s not easy losing weight, I’m fighting trying to loose 30 lbs, it’s sooo slow. But everytime I put on my Jean’s and notice I don’t have to fight the zipper or hold my breath it encourages me to keep on going. So keep up the good work, I’m with you.

3 Likes

Just keep up the good work

2 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Congratulations. It’s not easy. But it’s worth it.

2 Likes

That’s true. I get excited every time I can put on something that was tight and now it’s loose.
More fruits and veggies and a lean meat for dinner. Plus 2 shakes and a Greek yogurt. This is my life. Oh 80oz of water

3 Likes

Thank u

1 Like

I e gotten into a few clothes that were tight and now they aren’t. Even my leggings and loose 😂😂😂
I just need to tone as well so trying to do that. It’s so frustrating to do all of this and see the scale go the wrong way, and then back down but stop before going under 200.

2 Likes

I will. This is my new life. Actually this month I changed the whole house to a new eating style.

3 Likes

I think you’re doing fantastic, you look awesome!! You just need a little bit more help and some encouragement and support. Start out by throwing out all carbs, good and bad from your home, including those of every single family member. No sugar, flour, including sugar or that fake sugar in your coffee. All starches, rices, potatoes things like this are out. Cereal, milk, all juices everything has to go. You really have to start reading labels now. Milk and juice are loaded with carbs and are the number one cause of childhood obesity. Did you know our bodies were never meant to drink milk, our bones don’t need it like we were always told? Before you buy or eat anything you need to look up the carb content of that item. Fat is now your friend, not the enemy anymore. I know, forget about what we were taught. It doesn’t work, obviously. Don’t believe me, do the research.

Cauliflower, broccoli, chicken, tomato, avocado, cheese, eggs, butter, salmon, asparagus, steak are your new best friends. Anything Keto. Start researching this way of eating. An actual dietician had been treating her patients for years until one day she decided to take her own advice and go on the diet for one month herself. You can do a search on her story for more information but she endorses it at the end.

No more liquid creamer. Sorry, Starbucks is out but worth it for your body back. That’s one thing I had to get used to. I used to drink the flavored liquid creamer in my coffee now I only drink powdered coffee mate. Do I prefer it this way, no but when I consider that I lost 142 pounds in a year I can deal with it. Walking as much as you can is the best thing you can do for yourself. Power walking will tone you down in no time. I can’t anymore but if you can I highly recommend it.

When junk food and bad carbs are within reach it just makes it harder for us to stop thinking about wanting those things and that’s not what you want when you’re trying to lose weight especially early on. Absolutely no soda, not even diet especially diet!! It’s full of sugar. Remember, no sugar of any kind not even imitation.

Explain how important this is to your family and how they can help you. Make it a challenge to see who can lose the most weight in a month and that person will win a prize like a movie or something like that. Avoid going out to dinner especially fast food for the first year. Avoid fruits and veggies high in carbs. Stay under 25 carbs total daily. It might sound impossible at first but you’ll get the hang of it and once you start seeing the pounds come off you’ll be so encouraged to continue. You will go through a hunger phase but hang in there through it, you’ll be glad you did, it won’t last long. There’s another thing that I do that seems to help me. Instead of eating like you normally do try chewing very slowly. Spend extra time on each bite, don’t be in a hurry to get to the next bite. Take your time. I bought a 64oz water bottle and now before my meals I try to drink at least 2 to 4 oz and eat three or four bites really slowly instead of quickly like I used to and drink two to four more oz and repeat this process throughout my meals until I’m done. Since I’m now eating smaller portions my brain tells my eyes to tell my stomach there isn’t enough food in my plate but there is it’s just because I’m used to overeating so this is my way of training my mind another way of looking at eating the right way.

The point is that it fills you up while training you to eat slowly and provides your body with the water you need to digest your food while keeping you hydrated between meals. I eat three times a day but only take in 25 carbs a day and I’m never hungry. In fact, I have to force myself to eat when it’s time.

I was 350 pounds when I was rushed to the emergency room for a double pulmonary embolism in 2016. I wasn’t expected to live but by the grace of God I did but that still didn’t wake me up. My health continued to decline and in 2017 I ended up back in ICU in a coma for a week again not expected to survive. I live with my daughter and granddaughter and am disabled and she does my shopping for me so I had very little say as to what I ate at the time. I was put on blood thinners to save my life but developed a bad problem of uncontrollable bleeding from then on. Which still didn’t make me change my eating habits until April of 2018 when for the last time I was rushed to the hospital for anemia so low they had to do a transfusion and found out my liver was failing too and had to do a transfusion as well. Now I have to go in on a regular basis to have this done. Consider me awake! Some people are just so stubborn!

My doctor told me about this diet and in doing so she saved my life! I can never thank her enough. She did put me on Topiramate 100mg twice a day as well that she just increased to three times a day. But I don’t think you will need the meds if you can’t get them. I’m on my first year and I have lost 142 pounds by applying these rules for my own life. Good luck, I know you can do it!

5 Likes

Great job! I have started doing Keto myself and it Does work.

2 Likes

Keep it up! You’ll make it to ONE-derland!!

1 Like

this is A LOT, of information. I truly appreciate it. but, tbh the way my brain processes words, after about the end paragraph the words just become 1 big line. 🤣🤣 its do stressful. ( sidenote, why I have not been able to finish my 4th book)
but I wish I had saw your post BEFORE, I went grocery shopping. 🤦🏽‍♀️. are you on Fb? would you mind linking up there?
facebook.com/kiexizarodriquez.

1 Like

Hi KellyR…WOW! Thanks for sharing! I will be also sharing this life changing life saving info. with my hubby as well! I’ve mentioned to him about looking up the Keto diet a few weeks back and he’s looked it up online, especially since some of his classmates were talking about their success on the Keto diet too. Keep up the good work and blessings to all of you! 👍🙏👏🙌