New to fibromyalgia

Hi all, my name is Sheryl I’m in my fifties and had carpal and cubital tunnel release surgery in March of this year. Shortly after I started having severe miscellaneous joint pains. I was recently diagnosed with osteoporosis with osteoarthritis compounded by fibromyalgia. I care take for my elderly parents and it is has been getting harder on me. Just wanted to introduce myself and say I hope we all feel better.😁

2 Likes

Good luck, in the same boat with thoracic outlet syndrome and MS. I’m on Gabapentin and Effexor for my fibromyalgia, have some relief with it.

2 Likes

Hi Tonya, I was on 300 mgs of Gabapentin three times a day, after my surgery but it stopped working so now I am taking 75mgs of Lyrica also three times a day but I think they need to increase dose as still having considerable pain. Hope you feel better too, thanks for responding 🙂

2 Likes

My Gabapentin is 1200 mgs - 3 times aday. Been steady for awhile. Went to neurologist today, neuropathy has extended above R knee, and mid-thigh on left. Having MRI neck and brain next week to check on things. Hang in there😁

2 Likes

I have had many surgeries of different types…two neck disc replacements and three fusions l4-l5 on back … I now am recovering from a neurostimulator placement which has been my finest hour in back relief though it takes a few adjustments to get it where I need the relief… if only it also worked for the fibromyalgia and arthritis…can’t have it all I guess…I simply couldn’t stand the way narcotics took my mind away and didn’t relieve the pain and other than living on a heating pad 24/7 I had no relief… now I have to work on how to get up more after being in bed for so many years because I am better at a young 61 years of age … I’m ready to become a meaningful part of my home and I miss gardening and piddling with art…My first venture has been my teeth which I had to get rid of but look forward to looking new for these upcoming holidays …

2 Likes

LadyGay speedy recovery from your nerve stimulator hoping it brings you great relief so you can get back to doing the things you love

1 Like