New Mograine Prevention since 2019

I have very good relationship with pharmacist, she told me last year that when she attend pharmacists dinner, they talked about new method of preventing migraines. There are several of this dame category, but one i was introduced was Ajovy. It’s a self injection (not auto injector: but I’m too used to Giving my hormone shot for endocrine disease, so it was no big deal. The needle is so tiny and i never felt the sting. You have to keep in fridge till a day before the shot. It’s a once month shot and pharmacist will teach you (if needed) or my clinic nurse will shoot it for you if you are scared. I love doing it myself so there was no need. But once Ajovy, i never had migraines at all! Unfortunately in 2019 there was program that paid for the shot, but no longer it seems. And dr said it would take about 7 yrs before getting generic, sigh. But same categories of meds are available so it’s worse talking to doc. For me, the other meds didn’t work as well for some reason, so I’m back on Ajovy.

2 Likes

I really liked ajovy but it’s no longer approved by my insurer. I now take emgality and while it’s not as good it does work…

2 Likes