New & lonely, need emotional support please

I also am new here and have severe depression, anxiety, ptsd, chronic pain, sleep apnea, blah blah blah. On it seems to go with all I have to deal with and am diagnosed having. I’m sure many of you here can relate to what I have and what I’m going through and like a lot of you I’m just looking for a few people to friend with and talk. Since no one I have in my life now seems to “get it” about what I’m going through. I feel like I’m standing on the edge of a cliff with one foot holding me there while the other foot is dangling off. I can’t tell you how unstable my life feels right now with no real security in anything. But everyone in my family seems to have an opinion on what I should and could and need to be doing but not realizing it’s just not that simple. If I could switch all this off like a light I f@&ing would. They act as if I have all these issues and feelings that can just be resolved so easily. It’s not like I enjoy living the way I do having all this weight on my shoulders. And if I could switch it off, like they think I should be able to, I sure as hell would. I’m just so very tired of living this way with friends that throw back in my face things I’ve told them in confidence. Or friends that aren’t there for you when you need them but are there if they need something from you. Or people that just plain give up on you because of what you’re going through. Most of this that I’ve said is also the reason I don’t let people get close to me and why I’ve pushed everyone in my life away. Im sure others of you can relate, you have enough problems and pain in life, you don’t need people in it that don’t understand how you feel or that judge you or aren’t there for you emotionally to complicate your life. But If like me you feel so empty and alone all the time, it starts to eat away at you this loneliness and that foot hanging over that cliff side starts feeling heavier and heavier, and starts pulling you further over that edge. Hold on they all say, it’ll get better they say, people care about you, you’re not alone, we get it, we understand how you feel, but at what point does that all start helping?? How long do I have to wait? When will I have someone hold me and tell me it’ll really all get better someday and that I’m not alone? And have that person not do those things I explained earlier? When can I stop taking all this damn medication everyday, 4 times a day? I just want my hope to stop fading away chunk by chunk. And for those words of confidence and concern that people give me to start having some truth and meaning for me. I’m just so tired of empty promises and hollow words from shallow people who only say these things because they don’t know what else to tell me. These same people who have all this advice of what I should do yet have no real answers for the questions I have that really matter, or that are out of my control. I don’t know, I just don’t know anymore. All I know is I feel so damn empty inside, and reading through these posts and seeing so many people suffer like I do, well it just breaks my heart knowing just how you all feel. Anyways that’s my rant about how I’m feeling right now. But it doesn’t mean I’m unable to talk or listen anymore. It just means I’m a solid understanding guy that can relate to how a lot of you feel, and you know the last thing I’d ever do is judge you or tell you how to act or feel. The last thing you’d ever feel is alone. So if you’re looking for that person who “gets it” well then for the most part I do. And I’d be happy to be there for you if you need or want. Because I still have a little hope left and I’ll be damned if I am going to let this beat me or keep me down!!! At least I hope so. Take care all of you that read this, and good luck with whatever struggles you have in life, I truly hope you find your resolve, and put it all behind you one day. Btw if you respond and I don’t get back to you right away just be patient. This app is new so I don’t know what type of notice I’ll get for the responses. But I will do my very best to respond to anyone that responds to me, and hopefully make some new and understanding friends here.

21 Likes

You can talk to me too. I realize that sometimes life feels like an ocean and it drags you down and makes it feel like you can’t breathe.Know though that we are in this together and sometimes when I am feeling down, lonely, empty and heavy I talk through my feelings with someone.It always helps me something about just getting it out and knowing that I’m not the only person who feels this way.I don’t know if you believe in God or not but I talk to Jesus and he helps me work through my emotions.The ones that feel so overwhelming, so heavy, so painful like drowning above water.Like wearing a heavy vest that you can’t breathe in and they can be suffocating so talk to me I promise not judge whatever you’re thinking or whatever stress you are feeling I will listen and let you get it off your chest.At the risk of sounding like a cliche you really aren’t alone. Talk to me.

9 Likes

Hey I’m new here as well I read about the way you feel and the way things are closing in on you sounds like you have some of the same problems if you respond to me we can chat I’ll tell you about my problems you tell me about yours my name is Eric I have chronic back pain diabetes depression do you ever get tired of people telling your cheer up it’ll get better I’ve heard that song and dance for quite some time like I said I don’t know if you’ll get this message but if you use messenger look for Bad Grandpa 41 at gmail.com chat with you later

9 Likes

I hear you 2slye. You listed just about every problem I have. If you want to talk I am here.

5 Likes

I cried as I read this, I could relate to everything you wrote. If you ever want to talk, I’m here. God Bless

7 Likes

I could have written your words exactly myself. I feel the same way. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired. I don’t feel like doing anything yet things need to be done and there’s no one to do them. I get all this advice about hire somebody to do it which I could if I had the money. Blah blah blah everybody has an opinion about what we should be doing. They don’t walk in their shoes and if they haven’t dealt with chronic illness and chronic pain there is no way they can understand it period. I would love to be friends with someone that can understand what I’m dealing with and that I could understand what they’re dealing with and be mutually supportive for one another.

7 Likes

Hey everyone I new here too, I can totally relate to everyone here I can see myself in every note. Sometimes my mind just want shut down and I don’t have frie8 that I can really talk to it seems like I’m just MIA on having any, sometimes there are days I am emotional and can cry at comercials… lol…tender hearted, angry inside, jealous, hopeless, defeated, drained too, sometimes I don’t know which way is up or down. I know God don’t give you more than you can handle but sometimes it feels like he can push you to your Max…God Bless yall and thanks for listening…

6 Likes

Wow. I’m almost speechless. I’m new to this app. I joined it for another health reason and wondered in here. I haven’t ever really had support with my several mental health diagnosis. I have always felt alone and like nobody could ever understand what I go through. It’s like you have read my mind and feelings. I truly am shocked. Ya know what kills me… in the middle of a panic attack (which I have been having a lot of lately) people say just calm down or relax! They have no ideal! I’m currently waiting to find out if I have blood and bone cancer… results on the 5th…

5 Likes

I also suffer from depression and anxiety attack and emotional problems

1 Like

I would like that you can call me to my 🔢 is 706 -486-3053

1 Like

Hi I have the same issues. Just know we are all here for you and your not alone. Take one day at a time and don’t give up.

3 Likes

What part of the world do you live in

2 Likes

You are not alone. My name is Samantha, and I’m here if you still would like to talk and maybe make a friend too…

2 Likes

You so eloquently put into words how I’ve been feeling about all the things I’ve been feeling about my life all year long. I lost my best friend in November 2017, and since then I’ve lost pretty much all the rest of my friends too, like they were only tolerating me because she was around, but once she died, they decided they didn’t have to tolerate anything anymore. Now I’m feeling every bit of standing on the edge of that cliff with one foot hanging off, and some days that foot hanging off is heavier than others. I just remind myself that I have to keep my promise to never attempt suicide again, and cutting is not my style, so here I am, talking to strangers instead.
Anyway, I can truly understand where you’re coming from and I am here for you if you want to talk, though looking back, I’ve made myself sound like a bigger mess than anyone else might want to deal with LOL.

4 Likes

I just joined the care zone posting stuff been part of care zone medication for 2 to 3 years now it’s been a godsend reminding me what to do and when to do it I have many illnesses and depression like many of the people I have read I wish we all could just go to one big party and stay there and not have to deal with all the pain and depression that we live with I’m so there right now that big ol puddle of depression , have to keep on pushing and hoping for the best I don’t want to
It’s the first day of the new year and I have so little hope that things are going to get better or that I have the energy to even try.
If things change and get better I will let you know

2 Likes

Exactly all that I’m going threw without releief HELP

I want to thank you for your post.I feel like I could have written it myself. It is good to know or feel like someone some where understands .
This is my first time reading and responding. So I’ll just see where it leads
Again thanks for your help

When I was reading about your life it’s like looking in a mirror! I have other mental issues also. Schitzo-Affective Disorder, PTSD, ADHD with Combined Type, Severe Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder on top of other health problems. Nobody understands me, and I’m very lonely. I wish I had someone that really knows what I’m going through. Where I live I was checking to see what bridge that has the highest drop and I’m sure you know why I wanted to now.

I look at the ocean and all I see is peacefulness and I feel like I want to become one with it so I don’t have anymore worries.

I need to find someone that truly understands what I’m going through and I would love to live in the woods where it’s peaceful and no judgement towards me. I love the country, and get a divorce because I’ve been waiting for my kids to get older so I can get a divorce because I wanted to leave 20 years ago but my spouse said that if I left him he will take my children from me just because he knows that is the only way for him to be able to hurt me. So I stayed for my kids. They are old enough now so he can’t hold me here any longer.

United States- Tampa, Florida

Hello to sly I’ve talked to you before this is 1 843-6572 Eric how have you been what you up to