New, introduction

Hi im new to the community though i have been using carezone a few years. I had my stroke 4 years ago, i was 34 i have left arm paralysis and my left though affected it is functional. I have botox for spacticity, tone. Anyone else notice how it makes movement easier?

1 Like

Hi Patricia, welcome to the community. What caused your stroke at such a young age?

2 Likes

No targeted answer, it could have been smoking (quit 2 years ago), Cholestoral, diabetes, maybe a mix of all of it. Mostly just bad decisions that lead to some poor health, im doing my best.

1 Like

My wife had a stroke a few years back due to high blood pressure, have you done any research into whether or not you are at risk for heart conditions from your genetics (relatives)

2 Likes

I only ask because making sure what caused the stroke is the most important thing to make sure it doesn’t happen again by changing your lifestyle, diet, or medication.

2 Likes

I had a stroke at 42. They discovered I have Factor IV Lieden’s, a clotting disorder.

2 Likes

@chad none in the family have a heart issue. I had a cope thing there were no anomalies in it

@Chad i am doing everying i can in current situation there are too many variables for the me to pick one specific thing it could be a combination of multiple things so they’re pretty much what seems to be as confused as me

1 Like

I have only had botox for my migraines so far but i do want to get it on my legs, i have muscular dystrophy and i havent been able to walk for 10yrs or more so my feet look like there in a steleto heel 24/7 and ifs so hard to transfer from place to place with your feet not going flat… So im ganna check that out at my nect botox appt.

1 Like

I had a small stroke at 45 yrs old just 2 months ago it was caused from a tear in my carotid artery that caused the blood clot in my brain that caused the stroke n the clot was in a spot that was inoperable so it was treated with blood thinners I also at the same time I found out I was diabetic my blood sugar was 601 when I got to the ER I had no idea I had diabetes but the last ct scan I had done the clot was almost gone but I had to stay on the blood thinner because the heart monitor they sent me home with detected my heart went into afib a couple of times so it’s a precaution to keep from having another stroke. I have some issues with memory n my vision is blurry I get frustrated really easy now too n seem to get depressed for unknown reasons

Hi Chad. I had a stroke when I was 49, But it was not due to my health at all. I was undergoing a quick outpatient procedure when my stroke happened. My outpatient procedure turned into a two month hospital stay in my left side is the affected side. My hand continues to crawl into a fist because of the spasticity. I’m really hoping that somebody can give me advice on how to get my fist unclenched.

Wam1066.The best thing for the “fingersclinching” is to get a small soft wash clothand roll it like a chinese egg roll and place it between thumb inthe palm of the “weak hand.” I tryand also use 1lb free weights with the aid of the stronger hand to exercisethe "weak side ".l hada massive stroke in April of 2018 at age 62. The November of 2017: l had that horrible flu that was going around the State then it lingered turnrd into pneumonia and from there l fell into a abyss. I got that TERAFLU Drug prescribed and had a terrible allergic reaction to it.This illness went on for five months.Just as l was getting some strength returned,l went to bed in the day to take a nap. Woke and could not move or talk.and my chest felt like l had a ton of bricks placed on it. However l realize my arm and face was in pain[ rt.arm partially dislocated along with my jaw bone. . Mouth twistedin opposite directions.lwas not found until 8hrs after the initial episode. Can you imagine!
Taken to hospital where in my semi conciousness l hear the doctors discussing that l do not appear as if l would survived… Came fully concious after the first week with lots of pain. Will forward the rest of the story. : Part 11. . Smile ! I am happy to be alive ans share the story. with you all.

Thanks for the information about the wash cloth. You said to put it between the thumb of my week hand, But is that all I do? It seems like if I just put it between the thumb then it’s just going to hang there. It seems like I might be missing something. Thank you

The thumb will hold thecloth in place, so that you do not loose sensitivity and prevent fungal growth inthe palmdueto sweat and micro organisms: "been there and done that."Everthing takes time and patience and persevere. . . . The essence is be strong push on and most importantly do not throw upyour hands in the air by giving up. . . THE CUP IS ALWAYS. . HALF FULL. Be strong always. . Even if the emotion.When my moodisnot in sync withthe elements
Itake my time, put on my reflectingtops and go for a strollonly on my avenue.The neighbor are ver supportive on my avenue. Best wishes. Hoping l was of help.

OK thank you I think I understand now.

Hi, please excuse my dumbness but how do I start a new topic or even introduce myself? I’m embarrassed by having to ask.