New Insurance

I moved from one side of the village to the other but different Counties and they switched by Medicad. I went to pickup my insulin and other meds that was called in Monday morning. Well the new insurance won’t cover the Aprida Insulin. The pharmacy said they let the Dr know that day but no answer. So tomorrow I will be out of the insulin Wich is my mealtime.

4 Likes

When my insurance changed from Medicaid to Medicare I was told my Lantus was no longer covered I would have to change to a brand they covered. However, my doctor contacted the insurance and explained the one they cover doesn’t work as well. So the insurance covered my Lantus insulin. It is ok for you to contact your insurance personally. Good Luck

4 Likes

I’m working on it now

1 Like

That sucks but it’s the season for god blessing just believe prayers are out good luck

1 Like

Update I was not only able to get it straightened out but found out that the new insurance covers Walgreens pharmacy that is across the street from me where the other only covered Walmart pharmacy and it’s 40 min away. I don’t drive

1 Like

Glad you was able to get that straightened out.
Any time insurance denies your meds you can reach out to your doctor. Your doctor can reach out to the insurance company to inform them of your need for that paticular medication. Most times that is the fastest way to clear it up.
If that fails call your insurance to i form them why you need that paticular medication. Sometimes they will approve it with your call.
Hope this helps someone out there. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

Hi my Friend, the Dr switched me to a different brand of the same type insulin. And I was able to walk across the street to pick it up today. Instead of having to find a ride to go pick it up.

2 Likes

Wonderful. That will make your life so much easier to be so close. Hope you are close to other places you need to go.
I understand how hard it is as I do not drive anymore due to my eyesight. 7-11 and Dollar General are the only stores close enough to walk to where I am living at the moment.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.