New hope for migraine relief

I tried to make the photo bigger but can not. Hopefully you can see it good enough.
This is called a daith piercing. When the targus of the ear is peirced it helps with mirgrane pain.
The article states that the tragus and the daith are at basically at the same pressure point on your ear. An acupuncturists aim is to treat the migraines. Acupuncturists will place needles in the ear cartilage to
help the symptoms of migraines. It is thought that this activates channels in your brain that can turn the migraine pain off.
Thought I would share this as alternative medicine.

12 Likes

If the accupuncher works. Why not get the piercing to have permanent relief?
Just saying.

4 Likes

My nephew got a daith piercing for migraines. It worked really well for several years.

5 Likes

That is so good to hear from someone who can say yes or no on how it realy worked.
Are the headaches worse now? Are they less or as bad as before?

1 Like

He had less migraine days and the pain was reduced on migraine days. It was amazing!

Unfortunately, after only 3 or 4 years it just stopped working for him. He now takes Maxalt when he feels a migraine starting.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear that it stopped working for him. I was hoping for a better out come.

1 Like

We hoped for a better outcome as well, but he said it was still worth it to have that help with the migraines for those few years. I do know others whose migraines were not as debilitating as my nephew’s that say theirs still work after several years.

4 Likes

It helped me for around 2 yrs. The migraines returned here recently so I had the other side done which didn’t help at.

So sorry this didn’t work out for you.

1 Like

Yes I was disappointed.

1 Like

Seems to me that I would be removing a pressure point for future acupuncture work.

1 Like

That is a good point.

1 Like

Pun intended? 😆

1 Like

😂 no pun intended.

1 Like

I got both of mine pierced and it has helped a lot with the head pain and most of more common pain related symptoms accept for the pain behind my eye

1 Like

Good that you got so relief. Sad that it didn’t help the eye pain.

1 Like

Thanks for responding! Yea I’m happy with the results. The eye pain is manageable to a degree. Prior to the piercings, the pain I experienced took me out of 3-4 days out of the week for months

1 Like

Glad you are doing better now. Stay well and gentle hugs to you.

1 Like

Where do you go to get this done?

1 Like

Go to see an accupuncherist I don’t know if you need a referral. You might check with your insurance to see if you need a referal.
Stay well and gentle hugs to you.