Neuropathy

Have this for many years, how do you cope?

6 Likes

Lots of opiates

1 Like

Hi …Well for me massage seems to work…I notice it when getting a pedicure helps as a massage comes with it …

1 Like

It’s very hard to deal with I’m on meds and I also use creams on my feet and legs.

3 Likes

Very important to wear good support shoes. It helps balance as well for protecting the feet.

2 Likes

Hi,

I also have diabetic neuropathy. I’m taking 600mg gabapentin 3x/day. It helps, but I still have sharp shooting pain, and burning sensations. My pharmacologist is working with me. I had been on fentanyl patches for several years, but my VA doctor took me off that. I have I might add here that I also suffer from moderate to sever chronic back pain after back surgery, which is why I was on opiates.

2 Likes

Lyrica helps me tolerate pain.

3 Likes

Have you tried compersson socks,i’ve found to be very helpful,

5 Likes

I’m on neurontin and they help me a lot

1 Like

Pain killer and, as I can pushing a Walker when needed an estimated workout distance. Sometimes I use a Cane. Walking without when I feel my Balance can make it!

3 Likes

I take lyrica for the pain. I also use a lotion that the pharmacy makes for me

4 Likes

I take Lyrica for the neuropathy and it has helped tremendously.

2 Likes

Trying to cut back on Lyrica because of expense.

Been fighting cancer for 2 years, now I some how developed diabetes, I have an ostemy, was scheduled for surgery to reverse it but blood sugar to high, stomach hornias affecting ostemy, taking insulin now along with pills, I can handle all this but my feet being numb and finger tips is driving me crazy.

2 Likes

Use Gabapentin 600 NHS (3 times a day) it helps a little but I still have pains and pins and needles in my feet.

3 Likes

Where can you get diabetic shoes and what makes them different from regular shoes?

2 Likes

Very carefully

I have been dealing with diabetic neuropathy for 3 yrs now. Can’t use Lyrica cause I break out in hives, yes I said hives. So I take gabapentin 600 mg 2x a day. But I also have had several back surgeries (yes plural) and also have an implanted stimulator so my pain is chronic and opioid don’t help so massages usually help but when the pain is intense I don’t let anyone touch me…

Need Help… 😣🤔 what can I Do? If I eat something Sweet my Feet HURTS… for a while

1 Like

I hv dome of those Socks. To me there kind of tight maybe I’ll try to gt a different size on my OTC CARD…Lol